Dr Alan Saber, Univ Hosp, Cleveland, anyone?

Ohiogirl
on 4/24/12 6:45 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Going with the Sleeve after having band failure, sticking to northeast OHio/Pittsburgh area docs - going to be self-pay.

Price is $5000 -$7000 less at Univ Hospital in Cleveland than Cleveland Clinic or St Vincent Charity or Summa Health in Akron.  Of course I want one of the best surgeons -anyone have experience - good or bad with Dr Saber or anyone else at the other hospitals mentioned?

I don't know anyone personally who has had WLS - so I depend upon this board for most of my information.

Please help if you can.

Paula
DianeCameron
on 4/24/12 12:53 pm - OH
I too am from the Youngstown Ohio are but I went to Pittsburgh. They have an incredible staff at UPMC Magee's hopsital bariatric program.

Ohiogirl
on 4/24/12 1:38 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
Hi Diana,
   Do you have an idea of what the self-pay cost is for Pittsburgh?  Can you share with me why you chose there instead of Akron, Cleveland, Sharon?  Did you have sleeve or RNY and how are you doing? 
DianeCameron
on 4/24/12 1:44 pm - OH
I had RNY done 3/28 and physically I am doing great. My only problem thats major is I have suffered depression. I am not sure what there fees are. I had done some research 2 years before I finally went through with this and read great reviews on the doctor staff and hospital. You hear some horror stories and wonder whats truth and whats false. But once I met the staff and the whole process was amazing. They keep contact with you through the whole process with emails, and phone calls and  letter.
I guess I really have lost my trust in alot of doctors in this area? Working with some of them and behind the scenes and hearing things about each I guess thats why I decided to look at a facility that speicalized more in them and was more willing to work with my insurance. I had one center tell me to pay up front even though my insurance covered it.

Ohiogirl
on 4/24/12 1:50 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Did you have the depression before surgery too or do you think you may be missing your favorite foods?  I don't mean to simplify your situation but I did say to one of my sons - that I think food is my best friend and he said - "some best friend - who wants a best friend that's killing them?"  It made me think for sure and I know I will miss some of my favorites after surgery but I hope that I will feel so much better that I can get past that.  
Most Active