Pose Weight Loss Surgery

Amy T.
on 4/26/12 8:36 am, edited 4/26/12 11:25 am - Labadieville, LA
The incision less weight loss procedure I had done in November 2011 has an article in Glamour Magazine. Check it out.

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2012/04/weight-loss-would-you-have-sh...

GbbylGabby
on 6/28/12 11:32 am
 Have you lost any weight and how much...what did you think of the surgery
Amy T.
on 6/28/12 12:14 pm - Labadieville, LA
 The surgery was nothing.  No pain at all. I did go through a two week depression they said was probably anesthesia related.  (I have anxiety and depression so it wasn't due to the procedure).  I am down 52.5 pounds since November 15, 2011.  I am 35 years old and after having 2 children and I gained about 50 lbs for each pregnancy.  I was never able to lose weight at all.  Once it started coming off then the motivation kicked in.  I could probably lose more if I could exercise.  I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis and I think I have Endometriosis so I deal with lots of pain. I have no regrets and would do it again.  I don't think the procedure is for everybody, but it was right for me.  I went in to Dr Lavins office with a goal of 75 lbs.  I am almost there!! I will be happy to answer any other questions you have!!
Amy
GbbylGabby
on 6/29/12 1:48 am
Amy congrads on the weight loss that is amaizing, you are half way thru, best of luck...the procedure seemed interesting, but after reading some results from other people i got discouraged. Only a few people kept the weight off the rest lost and regained and some just didnt loose anything...i think you are the only one that i have come across with excellent results and its refreshing i feel positive again..
Do you know how many anchors he put in? 
gabby
Amy T.
on 6/29/12 6:06 am - Labadieville, LA
Gabby,
I will tell you like I told someone else who contacted me about the procedure.......There is no magic cure.  I thought about this procedure long before I had it done.  I got to the point that i was tired of being overweight, heavy, no energy.  I also knew that I wanted the least risky procedure possible.  I didnt feel I was big enough for the more drastic surgerys and I wasn't sure about the band because I knew someone who had it and she vomited all the time.  You have to be "mind ready" and have to want to suceed.  I do cook at home for the family (mostly spagetti and rice and gravies), but I don't eat it.  When we go out to eat we mostly eat at places that I can make good choices.  It is a lifestyle change.  Once you start seeing that weight come off, it motivates you so much. I went from a size 22/24 to a 14/16 depending on brand.  I could have never done it on my own.   Went to the store last weekend and went in the ladies to try XL shirt, too big.  Got disappointed for a moment because I never thought could fit Large.  I sure did!!! Don't let everyone get you down. If you read the boards often people got pros and cons to say about all the surgeries.  Some work well for some and not others.  You have to want it! I am not sure about how many anchors.  Did you meet with Dr. Lavin yet?
nadia1234
on 3/12/13 8:24 am

This procedure was an absolute waste of my money. I only lost weight during the liquid stage. Which is going to happen with or with out weight loss surgery. Sometimes I wonder if they even did a procedure on me. I am sure I have no recourse with them since I agreed to an "experimental" procedure. 

It is very discouraging:(

MsBatt
on 3/12/13 10:18 am

I'm sure that IS very discouraging! Are you now considering having one of the more time-tested forms of WLS?

Most Active