Calling those who used PCIP to get WLS!

firedancer722
on 5/3/12 12:51 pm
DS on 01/28/13
Hi everyone :)  I'm new here and have just sent in my application and supporting documents to get the PCIP insurance through the government.  I've been to the PCIP website and it looks like it definitely covers WLS!  I certainly meet their criteria of BMI over 40, but it says you have to have a 6 month medically supervised diet within the past 12 months.  My insurance likely won't start until June 1, but I was wondering if I could go ahead and go to my nurse practitioner now and tell her what I want to do and see if we can start the supervised diet now (before the insurance actually kicks in).  I hope that makes sense.  What would the documentation need to look like on the physician's end of things?  

I would appreciate ANY suggestions or advice on how to get approved for surgery as quickly as possible.  I already have an appt set for a surgery consultation in mid-June but I just wanted to hear other people's experiences.  :) 

I've been researching WLS for over 3 years but have never had insurance that covered the procedure until (hopefully) now.   I am ready to get the show on the road!  

Thanks so much!!  :)
Candace 

Most Active