Help ?advice??

nursemichele613
on 5/7/12 10:37 pm - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
I have an issue that I haven't seen discussed and I am desperate for help.
I was sleeved on 4/ 22. Post op has been fine, no pain, incisions are almost all healed. The issue I am having, and have been having over the last 4-5 days is this. I am taking small sips of liquid.... water, rtd protein shakes, crystal light, and zero vitamin water. I take a small SIP, I burp, and then reguritate it back up. I am feling constantly FULL. Its like nothing is leaving my sleeve. I have to have a cup with me constantly to spit this stuff into ( I am sorry about the picture I'm describing...but its the truth!) I am terrified I am going to become dehydrated. It is not vomiting...its the burping and regurgitating. I am not keeping anything in. This cannot possibly be normal. I have emailed my surgeon ( I was sleeved in Mexico). I also have an appointment with my PCP on Friday am. Can anyone give me any insight? I am over this!
Thanks for any input you can give me!

Mary Catherine
on 5/7/12 11:05 pm
My guess is a stricture. Scar tissue and/inflammation cause a narrowing at some point and nothing can get past it. A blockage like you would get in the drain under a sink. You will need to have it opened. Since you don't have a surgeon here consider an emergency room visit.
sam1am
on 5/8/12 4:51 am
I wouldn't wait until Friday to see my PCP.  Hopefully your Doctor in Mexico will give you some information that you can pass on to either your PCP or an ER doctor.  Please get this checked asap.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 11:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You don't want to wait until Friday.  You need to see a doc ASAP.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Krazydoglady
on 5/9/12 3:12 am - FL
Go see your PCP as soon as possible. I wouldn't wait until Friday. It may be stricture or it may just be the way your sleeve is constructed. The closer to the pyloric valve they start stapling, the less space there is at the base of the sleeve. Studies have found a relationship between that distance and instances of vomitting and regurgitation. The recent concensus statement by VSG surgeons suggests 'optimal' ranges. 

One thing to consider in the interim is warm liquids.  Particularly early out, warm (not boiling hot) herb tea can be very helpful in relaxing the sleeve.  I still start each day with warm liquid  even 15 months post-op. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active