So HUNGRY after REVISION 4/25!!

Melly6950
on 5/8/12 8:12 am
Revision on 04/25/12
I had my bypass revision 4/25. Almost 2 weeks in and I'm so hungry. I feel like i could eat no different than before surgery. I'm at stage 2 with liquid/mashy foods but why do i think that if i tried i could probably eat a slice of pizza?? Is this normal? Maybe i did the revision for nothing. Maybe once i heal I'll be able to eat just like i did before. I'm feeling really discouraged right now
qnmimi
on 5/8/12 11:18 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Remember that your feelings of hunger, and satiety have been surgically altered. Measure your food per your plan, and eat accordingly. Pay attention to your body...are you needing fluids? Is your protein intake adequate? All this is normal for newer post-ops. Hang in there...that pizza craving is a demon raising it's head to make you miserable.

Melly6950
on 5/8/12 11:49 am
Revision on 04/25/12
I'm still trying to remember if i felt this way the first time around, but it seems so long ago. I'm sure I'm just going through crazy emotions right now. Thanks for the response
Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 11:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 What was your bypass revised from?  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Melly6950
on 5/8/12 11:59 am
Revision on 04/25/12
I originally had the Fobi Pouch in 2007 and found out i had a gastric fistula. So i actually didn't switch procedures, they fixed the leakage i had, removed part of my stomach and removed scar tissue. Hopefully it's all been corrected
Valerie G.
on 5/8/12 9:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
So, if your pouch was unchanged, then you shouldn't really feel any new restriction than you had before, right?  It sounds like they just did a repair than a true revision with the intent to jump-start your loss, so you may be worried needlessly.  Just keep pushing like you did before all of the problems.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Melly6950
on 5/9/12 3:51 am
Revision on 04/25/12
Thank you for the motivation! Its just depressing looking at the scale and after 2 weeks only seeing around a 10 pound loss. Anybody eating this liquid/mash diet would have the same results. I'm trying to stay positive and i truly appreciate the support
Most Active