Is it possible to tighten up your stomach without plastics?

VA20FAN
on 5/15/12 10:53 am - VA
I am almost 5 years out and want so badly to tighten up my tummy.  I do believe that a mid life crisis is setting in and I just want to have a tight tummy so that I can pierce my belly button and wear a bikini top with shorts.  Does anyone out there know if I can accomplish this without plastic surgery.

Thanks! 
poet_kelly
on 5/15/12 11:14 am - OH
You can tone the muscles, but you can't do much about any excess skin.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/15/12 11:35 am
 The muscles, sure, the skin never.  TT was the best money I ever spent.
Mary Catherine
on 5/15/12 1:54 pm
 You can't do it with exercise.  With a tummy tuck they crisscross the stitches across the muscles like on a tennis shoe.  It is not the skin removal that makes such a big difference it is that muscle tightening.  Not getting a tummy tuck will be like wearing tennis shoes without laces.  For a belly button ring and bikini to look good you need that strong foundation of tight muscles underneath.  Check with the surgeon about the the belly button ring.  The belly button is cut and removed and a ring might not stay in place well after the tummy tuck, but the bikini can look awesome.

Cherokeesage
on 5/15/12 3:22 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Before surgery I told myself that I would not have a TT because I am 57 and don't plan to wear a bikini with my open incision scar.  Then I saw one of his other patients in the waiting room that had the surgery.  She had a nice flat stomach.  Our Dr makes a belly button when he does the surgery.  I imagine a belly ring could be worn if the Dr does this.  Just wi**** didn't cost so much.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

paranoidmother21
on 5/15/12 11:44 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I wish!

3 reputable piercing salons here have told me that, because of the navel incision, they will not do a piercing for me and showed me pics of what's likely to happen if they do.  They all advised me to get a clip on belly ring if I want one.

So - there goes my dream!  I do, however, rock that bikini on our boat (and switch to a tankini if we're on the beach... at 57, I'm not ready to do the bikini in full public!)
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Mary Catherine
on 5/15/12 8:30 pm
I have my same belly button but it was cut out and then sewed back in the correct position. I was told that piercing it would weaken the skin there and the piercing might come open.
MyLady Heidi
on 5/15/12 11:23 pm
For sure, I had three come out before I gave up.  They were cute while they lasted.
Most Active