UPDATE!!! Bad RNY Doctor

jyjackson8246
on 6/2/12 10:10 pm, edited 6/3/12 1:35 am - Detroit, MI
 Hello Everyone,

I want to give an update to my last post!!

Thank everyone for all of your suggestions.   I love this place!!!

Well, last tuesday I was calling other hospitals to change doctors,   Dr. Woods office called to schedule my RNY.    I told the them that I was thinking about calling everything off because I could not reach anyone.

I  had just had enough,  I was done!   She asked what happened.   I  just  let it out.  I explained everything to her.  I did not know that I was that frustrated.   She apologies over and over again, and gave me her direct number and then asked if  I could repeat everything to the director, Mr. Woods Jr. 

Well she transfered me to Dr. Woods Jr.  and  he listened  apologies,  and really wanted all of the facts.   

Well, it seems to me that I just had a bad insurance coordinator.   When I  would leave a message to another person, they would forward the message back to the coordinator thinking thagt she would take care of it.

So my date is June 5 !!!!!!!!

Once I had a date,  I had to get a ton of paperwork  sent  all over the place.  

Dr. Woods office completed all paperwork that was sent in less then 24 hours.
Dr. Woods Jr. call me back to comfirm that all the paperwork was completed.
Bloodwork request was sent  to my primary doctor on time. 

The hospital called and confirmed
Dr. Woods Nut. called

Suddenly everything just flowed!!!!   

For everyone else, if you are having problems with the staff, first get in contact with the director and let them know that there is a problem.

Dr. Wood has had many good reviews from this site.

I am now  excited,  June 5, June 5, June 5!!!!

Valerie G.
on 6/2/12 10:41 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Yay for you!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

susanbonner
on 6/2/12 10:42 pm - Centre, AL
 Congrats! You can and will do this! It aint easy, but its not impossible. Keep up a network of positive people and give the negative ones a smile. One minute at a time. My surgery date was 6-3-03. Nine years ago today, WOW! I would do it again in a heartbeat!
JJ_
on 6/2/12 11:24 pm
This reminds me of that phrase, 'Money talks and bull**** walks'.  The only difference in your situation is that you and your money were prepared to walk out the door.  I am so happy that this situation has come to light.

Tuesday is just around the corner.  All the best.

Judy
Laura in Texas
on 6/3/12 3:15 am
Good for you!! I have also had problems with various office staffs before but have always made the decision that for any type of surgery, I want the best surgeon. Period. So I have found ways to get things done when the office personel suck. Contacting the surgeon directly usually works wonders 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 5:16 am - OH
I'm glad you got it worked out.  I think often docs don't realize their staff aren't doing their jobs well.  I know my orthopedic doc was very surprised when I told him how much trouble I'd been having getting in touch with his secretary, how long it took her to return my calls, etc. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jyjackson8246
on 6/3/12 6:58 am - Detroit, MI
 Now that I have my date.

I am losing alot of weight!!

I usually weigh about 365-375
Now I am 345 after two days of diet prep.

Wife said that I might need more water.

Or maybe it is our new scale.

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/12 10:41 am - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
I'm so glad that you spoke up and said something! After the initial seminar, the benefits coordinator misread my insurance guidelines and said that I have to do the medically directed diet for 8 MONTHS when it's actually only 8 weeks. I was starting to cry and just going to give up, but a friend of mine who had WLS with the same provider said she had similar issues and had me get a copy of the prerequisites and send it to them. Once that was done, I was good to go.

I hope that this was and will be the only problem for you during this process and good luck on the 5th!
Jackie McGee
on 6/3/12 11:37 am - PA
Good for you!!

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Most Active