Excited...Discouraged....tired....

mokagurl
on 6/10/12 2:58 am - WA
RNY on 03/22/12
 Hi all:  I have been busy helping my husband with his new business, so I have not been posting much lately.  I just had a follow up on with my doctor last Friday, I am down 48 lbs, almost 90 days out.  I am still working reduced shift...20 hrs basically part time.  I get up each morning at 4am, and usually go to bed by 8:30 the latest...I am always tired...I am going in to get bloodwork checked on Monday...before going back to work  I was walking 45 min ea. day...since going back to work..I have not walked hardly at all....I am just too tired...I really don't understand it

I am so excited about the weight loss, it is really nice to put on shirts as an actually blouse and not wear as a jacket over a shirt...I have really noticed some of my clothes becoming too baggy to wear any more....I put on a pair of jeans prior to surgery..they fell off...I laughed...how funny...can't believe they used to be my skinny jeans...I thought they made me look thinner...now they don't even stay on

I want to exercise more...maybe today..I will strive to go for a walk again...my doctor was thinking it may be some depression.  I have been sad to know I can't eat for enjoyment at times..I did not realize how much food was my enjoyment...I need to find a replacement...

I get up each day at 4am to get ready for work....I usually go to bed by 8:30 at the latest...I get 60 - 75 g of protein daily...I rely heavily on the shakes for protein..I am excited about what I can eat now...I was surprised to see I can eat steak...cut very thinly...I ate a soft corn taco last night with chicken, beans, salsa and sour cream....definatley able to have more variety..I have not tried salads yet..that is my next task...I can tolerate sugar...I really have not experienced dumping...thankfully.....I love milk.....eggs are hard for me still....

Question....I was eating some bites of salmon, and pretty quickly felt a bit of nautiousness or a little discomfort...would that be not chewing it up enough..or eating to quickly between bites...I had not had salmon for a while...it tasted so good...I thought maybe I was going to fast????

This site is so awesome...I love all your comments and posts...very thankful to have this in my life...

Nixie76
on 6/10/12 1:14 pm
RNY on 04/10/12
I see a lot of similarities between us! I'm up at 5:30 and sometimes i work till 9pm. When i went back to work my excersise dropped a lot too. I also still have a limited menu and would never get enough protein if it werent for protein shakes. I really hate my vitamins too so i switched to crystals. If i never eat another cup of plain greek yogurt it'll be too soon too! I eat eggs, moist chicken, turkey, cheese, cold cuts and 'cloud bread' (google it). I can also tolerate crackers and rice sometimes. The other day when i ate white meat chicken it sat like a brick in my pouch and i was really uncomfortable and nauseous even though ive had it before with no probs. If salmon didnt sit well the first time try again in a few weeks, maybe it will be better tolerated the 2nd time. Im abim out 8 weeks post op and down about 41 lbs. Keep up the good work!!
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

Most Active