Lemon Squeeze...NSV with Pics

RHCP
on 6/12/12 2:07 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
This past weekend I visited Mohonk Mt House in New Paltz, NY- I worked there for years and have been visiting since I was a kid. they have over 80 miles of beautiful hiking trails. They have a trail called the "Lemon Squeeze" it takes about 45 minutes and there are signs warning hikers that it is not easy and not for "larger" people as there are many areas you will need to "squeeze" through tight spaces.
Even at my heaviest I always went hiking and I always wanted to do the Lemon Squeeze but new there would be no way I could fit or do the physical activity required. Well this weekend I went with a guy I am dating and I did the "Lemon Squeeze"!! It was so much fun and very physically demanding and I did it with no problem- There were times I was on my knees, back, on my stomach crawling through rocks, pulling myself up over boulders and lowering myself down into small holes and up and down wooden ladders. At one point we stopped to take a breath and I wanted to cry..I was so happy for myself- and sad that for so many years I missed out on such fun activities because of my weight. NEVER AGAIN!

Me right before the climb.
009.JPG

Josh and I on top of the Mountain.

003.JPG

In one of the caves

013.JPG

Finishing the Lemon Squeeze.. I was a bit happy!! I DID IT!!!

021.JPG

THe Mohonk Mt House from Skytop

029.JPG

036.JPG Mohonk Mt House

Some pics from online to show you more of the climbing areas

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/12 2:27 am
 Holy cow   I'm so impressed !    Wow !  Conratulations !!!   
Addie C.
on 6/14/12 9:04 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
  That is awesome! I wont to go hiking in AZ." Romero Pools". I tried it in Sept 2011 and made it like 1mile up and thought I was going to die. I plan to go back after surgery and do it. It is like 6 miles. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/12 1:28 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Awesome!!
Most Active