Fasting Question

Kim Meeks
on 6/19/12 1:18 pm - lubbock, TX
I asked Heidi - bu, i'd like to hear from the rest of you too:

i have a question

i have terrible terrrible migraine headaches - and my natural health doctor who did my accupuncture (not my surgeon) suggested that i do a lemonade and cayanne pepper cleanse for a few days - just to see if i can "start over" and try adding back one food at a time - to help determine - if possible - what could be triggering these terrible headaches. (NOT FOR WT LOSS)  i dont play games with my food anymore - that's what made me fat!

how long do you think i could fast? without having a protien insult? that would cause me to lose my hair etc?

i'm really liking the idea of the fast - but, i do NOT want to risk messing up

kf

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/19/12 11:50 pm
"...a lemonade and cayenne pepper cleanse"....
I know I could not do it.... That cleanse have "sugar" and since it is liquid - that would cause me to have severe RH - low blood sugar episodes.  

You may try vegetables juice fasting - or do the same thing with broth fasting -(adding cayenne)  In any case - monitor you blood sugar first day or 2.   To make sure that stays stable.
I used to deal with severe headaches in the past and then went away after I did drastic colon cleanse and juice fast. (24 days - way before RNY) On top of that - artificial sweeteners and flavors may trigger may severe headaches that... (not a single serving once a month or less - but more of  regular use.) 

For me - impacted colon - not having regular BM - can cause severe migraine. Now - if I do not have easy -going BM every 24 hrs - I do enema - high coffee enema (google that if you want). As much as i hate to do that - that keeps the headaches away most of the time.

Good luck in figuring out what is causing that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

pwoo10
on 6/20/12 12:11 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
 I also suffer from migraines and they can be triggered from not having enough to eat so fasting would be a big no no for me.

Hislady
on 6/20/12 9:12 am - Vancouver, WA
I used to have horrid migraines but they were hormonal and went away after menopause. I personally don't think fasts are good for anyone since you don't get proper nutrition with them especially with lemonade and cayanne pepper. It might be different if it were a nutritional supplement but where you malabsorb anyway I can't see how that would be healthy. At the very least I would check with your surgeon for his opinion.
Jilly Bean
on 6/21/12 1:56 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
I did it a few years ago.  It's fresh lemons, Grade B maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.  I lasted 6 days, lost 12 pounds (that stayed off for a few years and kickstarted my metabolism).  However, I started losing hair at day 6 so I stopped.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Kim Meeks
on 7/3/12 8:59 am - lubbock, TX
well
i did it for a couple of days and my pouch caught on fire!  not litterally - but, it felt like it

after eating about 10000000 tums - i got over it
and over it i got!

decided not to do it

yes - the migrains rage on - any advise on that?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Most Active