maybe I jinxed myself?

happymomma307
on 6/20/12 4:19 am - OH
So I posted I few days ago curious about anyone else not feeling full or hungry or any differnt 3 weeks out from RNY. Now I screwed up 2 days ago and didn't get enough fluids so I woke up yesterday sick to my stomach unable to handle anything bu****er or g2(which is on my approved list) all day. Ok so I figure no big deal my body is just trying to catch up on the fluids I missed the day before and I know I should be aiming for 60g of protein a day, which I have yet to get but I'm not even on soft foods yet. Now today I try to go back to my regular diet 1/4 cup at a time and I can hardly get through half of my serving and I feel full! Did I really do this much damage by not getting enough fluids for 1 day?
Judi J.
on 6/20/12 4:26 am - MN
you didn't do damage. Your nerve endings probably just healed up from the surgery. It took me about 3 weeks too. Suddenly it was like someone put the brakes on, massive restriction. Keep focusing on your liquids. If you think you are dehydrated go in and get an IV bag of fluids ok? The protein will come, you didn't break anything!
MyLady Heidi
on 6/20/12 4:32 am
Play close attention to drinking your protein drinks, if you cannot get them down you may have a stricture which will need to be corrected so you can eat properly.  If any doubt exists in your mind phone your surgeons office, because they will have to stretch the opening of your stoma so you can eat if you do have a stricture.

Good Luck
happymomma307
on 6/20/12 2:20 pm - OH
I didn't know it was possible to have a stricture at this point when I've been fine for nearly 3 weeks. I'm gonna give it another try tomorrow and if I can't at least do a protein shake I guess I'll be giving the surgeon's office a call. Thanks!
Most Active