Anticipated extra skin

Losin-it
on 6/22/12 1:44 am - TX
Any steps I can take to help with the sage I have coming soon??
Surgery date = 6-25-2012   

Valerie G.
on 6/22/12 3:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Get a good shaper.  
Don't fall for any snake oils.  There is no magic cream or exercise to prevent it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lmaosmileyfacenz
on 6/22/12 2:20 pm
im worried about this too

Laura in Texas
on 6/22/12 10:06 pm
I agree with Valerie. Age and genetics will determine how much loose skin you will have and you cannot do anything about either one. Get good shapewear.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mal
on 6/22/12 10:48 pm
My advice-Don't even worry about it until the time comes.  Some don't have the skin issues.  I do and have to go have a ps consult to see about a LBL which hopefully my ins will cover considering it reconstructive surgery not cosmetic.  I probably am carrying around at least 15 lbs of skin on my butt and upper thigh areas.  The rest of me is great.  Even though I went from a size 42 DD bra to a 32B, they're allright the girls.  I was considering having breast augmentation done but after speaking with my GYN about it, he suggested not having the surgery for many reasons, but the main one that stuck with me was that i would lose all sensitivity and I said a big NO THANKS!!

There is always the option of ps so don't even worry about skin issues now.  They may happen and depending on how much you need to lose you will likely get skin.  Just concentrate now on the losing phase of your journey and hold on for the wild, fun, exciting, exhillerating ride you are about to embark on!

Mallisa

Most Active