Weird stomach feeling

Ashley G.
on 6/28/12 4:27 am - SC
I am 6 weeks post-op from being sleeved (for some reason that doesn't show up in my info on the side).  I know understand what it means to 'eat to live' and not 'live to eat'.  I am not really hungry that much, which I know is something I should be thankful for right now.  Even when I do eat, I get kind of a strange feeling in my stomach, which I can't really describe.  It isn't nausea or anything like that, my stomach just feels....different.  I am not used to this feeling.  

Will it ever go away?  

And I know that since I had surgery, my stomach will never be "normal" again, but will it ever feel normal again?

denise0530
on 6/28/12 4:38 am - PA
RNY on 05/16/12
Wish I could answer that for you, I had a RnY so not sure.  Good luck with an answer, did you try to google it?

Denise Marie SW 248 CW 156 Roux-en-Y 5/16/12                        

CelticSoul
on 6/28/12 5:44 pm
Hi Ashley,
In response to youer 'weird stomach feeling'...please be more specific.  WHERE it hurts can be very important.  Although I had a RNY...at about the 5 week mark (after breezing through the early weeks), I began to see a drastic change in my ability to eat without discomfort mid-sternum under my ribcage.  I had my surgery on 4/3/12 and found myself in the ER 2 times before I had to have a corrective surgery (5/15/12)  as I had healed TOO TIGHTLY around the anastamosis (the area where the feeding tube attaches to the lower colon).  Keep in mind it takes several weeks or more for you to heal on the inside.  In my opinion, if this weird feeling persists...don't hesitate to discuss it with your bariatrician.  Unfortunately, 2 weeks after that I developed 2 very large bleeding ulcers (I formerly took Coumadin) so, back in the hospital AGAIN.  I don't mean to SCARE you on the possiblities but, you have to advocate for yourself.  And, only you can decide if what you are feeling is normal.  I kept pushing to be heard and because I work in healthcare, I knew something wasn't right.  Never consider what you feel is too foolish to discuss with your doctor.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I wish you the best of luck.  And, BTW...I am doing very well now and losing like there's no tomorrow.  I am almost 1/2 way on my weight loss journey.  Just 3 more pounds until I jump for joy. 

Best regards,
Celtie

Most Active