Fasting for 2 weeks

i_am_amazed
on 7/8/12 6:53 am
I am going to do a partial fast for the next 2 weeks.  I want to really focus on a family issue, and I think that a fast is the thing to keep me focused.  For those of you who are praying folks, a quick prayer for strength and focus will be much appreciated.

Thanks and a great week to all!!!
NHskinnygirl
on 7/8/12 10:37 am - Nashua, NH
I too am starting a fast tomorrow for 2 weeks to get back on track. After 8 yrs I find I have gained 40 lbs back and need to get them off so back to shakes and fresh veggies & fruits and lots of protein.
So I will keep you in my prayers for strength and focus and please do the same for me...lets check in at the end of the week to see how we are doing. Sometimes the buddy system works best...
good luck to you...Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

denise0530
on 7/8/12 11:43 am - PA
RNY on 05/16/12
What is a partial fast?

Denise Marie SW 248 CW 156 Roux-en-Y 5/16/12                        

MsBatt
on 7/8/12 1:11 pm
Oh my.

If *I* tried fasting, I'm certain it would indeed keep me focused---on FOOD. I'm just not built that way.

Good luck to you!
clementineswift
on 7/8/12 1:45 pm - OH
Wow, that's amazing I mean I can't even last for 24 hours fasting. Great!
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/8/12 9:12 pm
Good luck.  Just make sure you do not compromise your health and well being. Not sure if you had WLS surgery or what type.   I hope your checked the protein levels and your vitamin levels to make sure it is safe for you to do that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

i_am_amazed
on 7/9/12 4:25 am
I had VSG last May.  I continue to take my vitamins; I just take them in the evening. 
Roxann H.
on 7/8/12 11:31 pm - OH
RNY on 01/28/13
I will be praying!!
i_am_amazed
on 7/9/12 4:24 am
Thank you for the kind words.  I am not doing the fast for weight loss.  It is purely for a focus.  During my (everyone has a different definition) partial fast, I only drink liquids during the day: not meal replacement shakes, bu****er, juice, or coffee ( I can't deal with the caffeine headache).

In the evening (after sunset, kind of Ramadan-like).  I will have a small piece of bread with olive oil to break my fast.  I will try to pray, meditate, think, and focus (on bad days I just try to not kill my husband or child).  I will then have a small meal.  I switch my vitamins to the evening, so I don't get nauseated by taking them in the morning.

I did this with several people at my church in January for 21 days.  I am going to do this fast for 14 days.   I continue to track calories and take vitamins.

Would love to do the buddy system with anyone.
Addie C.
on 7/9/12 3:40 pm - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
 I will be praying for you as well! This is something i should do as well. If God called you to do it you Will not fail! He will bless you for your sacrifice! God bless You!! 

I can do all thing through Christ Who strengthen me.

Most Active