Anyone used Dr. Dirk Rodriguez?

brandi31cole
on 7/16/12 12:33 pm - arlington, TX
 HI! I was wondering if anyone used Dr. Dirk Rodriguez from Dallas Texas? I'm using him and would love to hear from some of his patients.
Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/16/12 8:13 pm, edited 7/16/12 8:16 pm - Burleson, TX

BRANDI..please allow me to be of absolutely NO help to you..lol...

" Dr Rod", as he used to prefer to be called..no idea what he goes by now..was big here, many yrs ago. I first met him at the first OH conf, in 2004, when I was 2 yrs out, so obviously he was not MY surgeon. He "talked a good talked", and seemed to be very passionate about his work.

I know 4 people, first hand, who have interacted with him. Rhonda and Kathy had RNY, and wound up doing commercials for him. I remain in touch with Rhonda, who is 6-7 yrs out and remains at goal. Laura had RNY 3-4 yrs ago, but Dr. Rod left town suddenly, shortly after her WLS, causing her to scramble for a follow up surgeon. Megan had had her pre-op insurance, etc done-YEARs of "hoop jumping", only to have the doc leave town, M not be notified, etc...anyhoo..big honkin' mess...

I say all this, to say: As a surgeon/doctor, people seem to love him (as most of us tend to love people who save our lives), and, as a 30+ yr nurse, I usually find physicians are not the best judges of how to run a business, and often get sucked in by bad management..

Best of luck with your choices--and KUDOS, for doing your homework!!

EDITED TO ADD: I noticed I said he "left", but didn't explain it. He "suddenly" moved his practice to another state (Ohio?)..I'm not sure when he came back, and I don't know any "new" people who have used him, and my "old" people have not returned to him, to my knowledge

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

poet_kelly
on 7/16/12 9:25 pm - OH
I had surgery with him in Ohio.  Six months later, he "suddenly" moved back to texas.

I thought he was a good enough surgeon.  Gave very poor vitamin advice and told me goofy, untrue stuff like saying drinking carbonated beverages would stretch my pouch which is physically impossible, but my operation went OK.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active