ok the gas???

vogel_girl
on 7/21/12 7:55 am
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the gas pains? Other than walking?  What did you Drs have you do??  I had my surgery 7/17 and am on clear liqueds but I am struggling with the gas pains and I CAN"T FART! well all the time lol
Dave Chambers
on 7/21/12 8:09 am - Mira Loma, CA
"movement", like walking helps dissipate the surgical gas. Even with walking, it will likely take a 4-5 days to about 2 weeks to get over the gas feeling.  Most recent post ops have surgical gas pain, and not typical gas due to liquid intake only.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

MickeyDee
on 7/21/12 8:11 am
Try some Gas-X, and maybe a heating pad.  But unfortunately the best thing is walking.

If it gets too painful, use your Lortab.

Good luck.
furrynana
on 7/21/12 8:25 am
Seriously, I had my surgery on 7/16 and came on here to ask the same question.  Gas X strips help a little.  Walking seems to help me in the moment, but when I walk around the block, I guess it knocks some gas loose and I come back worse than ever. 
nikeah01
on 7/21/12 8:30 am - AL
 I used gas x

Valerie G.
on 7/21/12 11:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Consider the source - to do your surgery, they blew you up like a balloon.  With only tiny incisions, it's next to impossible to get the air out before stitching you up, so it's just gotta work out.  You have to move to break it loose from the pockets it's stuck in.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Leslie Stout
on 7/21/12 11:31 am - IA
After my hysterectomy some years back, I had the same problem and nothing would cause it to pass.  The Dr finally had to get me to have a suppository!  IT WORKED!!!  I would have preferred another way, but oh my gosh.....one appreciates comfort!!  Good luck!
never2late4change
on 7/21/12 11:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12

Hot peppermint tea with ginger. It works and counts towards your fluids.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

never2late4change
on 7/21/12 1:45 pm, edited 7/21/12 1:46 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
I have been using HYLANDS #9 Nat. Mur. 6x for headache, water retention and indigestion. The little pills melt in your mouth and it works almost instantly in relieving gas pain and helping it to MOVE ALONG;. Best of luck.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

CAJUN71
on 7/23/12 5:25 am - TX
RNY on 07/02/12
the movement helped me dislodge alot of my gas.. even though it was uncomfortable at times, it was way better than the gas pains.. and for some reason i have a magic button on my lower back, that whenever my husband massaged it, presto! he learned his lesson and started giving those massages from the side instead of behind me ... i also dont have much problem with belching after drinking the broth either.. i dont care how it gets out as long as it does

Most Active