August 1st. Our 20 yr Wedding Anniversary

Barbi468
on 8/1/12 10:05 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Ok, so I am trying to post this for the 3rd time today.
Not sure why it won't post when I click submit.

Anyway, today is our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Now I feel old LOL.

My surgery is on Monday, I am a wreck about it. Getting scared that I am going to die. Silly I know.
He originally wanted to do it today but I didn't want to do it on my anniversary.
We went out to eat, nothing much else. Thats our thing, we "do dinner" or "do lunch", my worry is what will we do when I have the surgery, what to do, no more dinners and lunches at least for a while.
We will probably still go but I will just sit there LOL. I might bring a book LOL.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Barb
bugsmommy
on 8/1/12 10:41 am
Congrats on your anniversary!

Non food ideas....walks, play cards, take up a hobby together....movies....just a few ideas

Cherie
Barbi468
on 8/1/12 10:51 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Thanks those are some great ideas. I am really liking the movie idea LOL.
Butterz725
on 8/1/12 1:38 pm - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Congratulations on your anniversary!!! I hope you are blessed with 20 more

Since you have another 365 days until the next anniversary, you will surely be able to enjoy dinner with your husband. By the time that comes around, you will already have the knowledge you will need to choose a healthy meal for yourself. Good luck & congrats again!!! I will be there to cheer you on next week

Barbi468
on 8/1/12 10:26 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Thanks, And I will need someone to whine to next week.  LOL.  :)
Butterz725
on 8/2/12 2:00 pm - Morrisville, PA
VSG on 07/27/12
Hahaha you know I will be there for you, ready with a box of tissues & a bottle of water

Valerie G.
on 8/1/12 9:33 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Congratulations and don't feel old.  Aug 1st was my 22nd anniversary, and yes, we had a fantastic dinner.  Mind you I have the DS instead of RNY, so fat is not a problem for me at all.  I had a full filet mignon dinner and ate about half of everything, right down to the bananas foster that was cooked right at our table.  I still enjoy our dinners and lunches.  Sometimes I can get him to share with me, sometimes I take something home, and sometimes I just let it go away when I'm done and satisfied.  Trust me - I haven't stopped living at all.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Barbi468
on 8/1/12 10:27 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I had a filet mignon too. Love that steak. Hoping I will still be able to have it after the surgery, well, not right away but eventually. :)
If not well, I can deal with that...maybe not gracefully, but I will deal with it. LOL.

Congrats on your Anniversary too.  :)
Most Active