All of you newly skinny people....

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 8/1/12 11:49 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 i have a question:  

Have you found yourself in a group of people unaware that you were once a "Fat" person and hear the nasty comments passed on "fat" people?  I am sure that most people would refrain of such comments in my presence since well...clearly I'm fat...but i'd be interested to see if it goes on as much as i think it does?
MyLady Heidi
on 8/1/12 1:29 pm
 No one makes comments in my pressence because I am not tolerant of ignorance rather it be about weight, sexual orientation, or whatever, no one says it around me.  Perhaps its the fact I made my position known on topics of prejudice and stereotypes long ago.  Plus I make no secret of the fact I had wls it keeps me honest and accountable. 
DebsGiz
on 8/1/12 8:47 pm - FL
Yes, I have been present and have overheard this sort of remark.  However, I will also add that the person who was making the remark was no skinny Minnie either...

Valerie G.
on 8/1/12 9:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Aside from the teenagers that work in my restaurant - not so much

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

enibas2
on 8/1/12 9:45 pm - Canada
Pauvre toi. I am still 193 lbs so i m still fat. So so far no remarks.

Laura in Texas
on 8/1/12 10:36 pm, edited 8/1/12 10:38 pm
No. like Heidi, people know I don't put up with that crap and know I've had bariatric surgery. I'm a single mom, my kids are both Asian, one was born with a cleft, my boyfriend is black, and my bff is gay. I'm a tough momma bear. Bigotry is not tolerated by us.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Katari
on 8/2/12 12:51 am - OR
I'm probably not going to be on peoples nice list after this but.....

No While I haven't had this scenario happen, I just wanted it put out there that it's not always the "skinny" people that make the nasty comments about "fat" people. I've encountered it more than once where someone who is big makes fun of someone else who's big. Is it that they don't feel "fat" or that they don't see themselves as "fat"? I don't know but look at the number of people around here that mention "I never saw myself as being THAT fat" when they talk about their before and after picks. I too am guilty of never thinking of myself as being "that big" prior to WLS and yet I know I hated having my picture taken, I hated the way I looked in pictures and didn't want "proof" hanging around my house of just how big I was. Did I ever make nasty comments about "fat" people no. Fat haters is in no way limited to those who are skinny or the "newly" skinny.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Nic M
on 8/2/12 12:56 am
Any time I hear someone make an ignorant remark about appearance, I just assume that person is shallow and I wouldn't want anything to do with them, anyway. I don't really care what stupid people think about much of anything, actually. Their opinions don't count in any way that's meaningful to me.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

cajungirl
on 8/2/12 10:46 am
I have been around people that didn't know me when I was MO make comments. It took me just a second or two to come back at them with a comment that had a few of them wanting to crawl under a table.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active