Low carb foods

Kelly636
on 8/1/12 12:01 pm - Durham, NC
I had RNY in 2005 and did well until this past year. I started gaining and gaining. I had originally lost 100 lbs and I gained back over the last year 40 of them. Nothing I could do seemed to stop it and I was back to where I was before the surgery. I couldn't lose a pound. I went back to looking for the perfect "diet". Tried so many things.  Now I'm onto a low carb diet. Its not magic but at least I'm slowly losing for once. I buy most of my things from a web site called LC foods. http://www.holdthecarbs.com/story-of-lc-foods
Honestly, it**** and miss there, but its the best site I've found so far for lo carb/no carb foods that satisfies me.
Has anyone else tried this type of venue? I've lost 15 lbs in a month with their foods. I have much more to lose but I'm hoping this is my answer to get me back on track.
Just wanted some opinions on what other people think of these types of foods/diets.
Thanks,
Kelly
Valerie G.
on 8/2/12 12:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I like sticking to a natural balance.  The only thing I'm purposely getting processed is artificial sweeteners for my beverages.  When sitting down to a meal, I eat purposely, enjoying the protein first, then veggies so my body gets all of the good stuff.  With the small amount of room I have left, I enjoy something of carbs, something between potatoes and chocolate cake.  The trick is that I only have a few bites left, so I won't go but-wild on the bad stuff.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Neen L.
on 8/2/12 6:40 am, edited 8/2/12 6:42 am - Arlington, VA
Valerie, your diet sounds just like mine! I have to agree that the natural balance has been what works best for me.

I realized after trying to low-carb and use artificial sweeteners in my baked goods that it left me feeling very unsatisfied. In the long run, I found life more wonderful just learning to enjoy the small portions of sweets and carbs (after protein and veggies of course!) instead of trying to fake it with artificial sweeteners.

Kelly: My concern with buying specialty foods like that is that they come and go. I found switching to eating mostly good whole grains won't spike your blood sugar so much and cause wild carb-cravings. If you'd like to try a sweetener that does not have a high glycemic impact, look for palm sugar. It is not as refined as table sugar and can be replaced 1 for 1 with no ill effects.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 10:46 am - Weehawken, NJ
Linda_S
on 8/2/12 12:11 pm - Eugene, OR
I eat as refined-carb free as possible because of hypoglycemia and possible nesidioblastosis.  I can't tolerate grains, flour, pasta, etc.  Fresh, healthy food is best.  Fish, chicken, lean meat, vegetables galore (leave out corn, potatoes, etc), and some fruit -- mostly berries.  It's helped me keep my weight off and keeps my blood sugar from falling.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active