would like to make friends in Rhode Island...

I_must_be_crazy
on 8/3/12 11:09 pm
Hi my name is Teresa,  I live in Rhode Island and I am 35.  I have lived here for 12 years and I have very few friends, like only 1,  I believe it is because I have been a stay at home mom for those 12 years and since my weight got out of control I never wanted to go anywhere, I didn't want to embarrass myself or my husband or kids..  I moved from Michigan to be with my husband and left everything I knew behind.  I have tried to live without friends but life is just so boring.  I had WLS 4 months ago and I do go to support groups when I can.  I would just like to be able to have a "girls night out"  Have friends to go shopping with and so on.  Because I am shy it is very hard for me to make friends.  If someone out there is in the same boat as me then drop me a line.  I would LOVE to have someone to walk with,  we can motivate eachother.  My husband is a great person but he works alot and he is not overweight.   Just thought I would post and see if it could help.
skinny cat
on 8/3/12 11:26 pm
VSG on 01/08/13
Hi Teresa,
I'm sorry I can't help you with the girl's night out and walking thing as I live in CT and we plan to move to Florida in a year or so, but my husband works in Florida during the week so I know what its like to not have your husband around alot. I am still preop and would love someone to email about the process and just in general since I'm always looking for stuff to do during the week after work. I am 42 (gee, when I saw you were 35 I said to myself, "Oh, she's my age"-I guess life goes by without us realizing! I was just 35 yesterday!) Feel free to message me. I haven't gotten my complete profile up, but its there.

I_must_be_crazy
on 8/4/12 1:55 am
Thanks for the reply,  if you have any questions you can ask me and I will try and answer them.  Do you have a surgery date yet?    I bet you are excited, I know I was very excited and scared at the same time.  I am happy I did the surgery and even though it hasn't been easy for me these past four months I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  I have a hard time getting all my protein in and drinking all the fluids,  therefore I have been in the hospital for dehydration four times.  I never really get hungry so I forget to eat which is not good.  When I do eat my eyes are WAY bigger then my stomache,  you will be amazed at how little it takes to feel full.  my meals are a little more then the size of an egg,  everyone is different but the most important thing is to exercise.  I need to get better at exercising.  I lost 15 pounds the first week!  It was a great motivator!  I am down 65 pound since my surgery and even though I do not see a difference in the mirror I can feel it.  I wish you luck in your surgery and in your move to Florida. 
bluter
on 8/4/12 6:58 am
Hi. My name isJjudi and I live in Cranston. I'm almost 4 years out from bypass and have not had one problem. I am on the shy side but I do LOVE to shop. I do an exercise class on Tuesdays and Thursdays for muscle building and will be going back to the gym in September as I work at a summer camp for the summer. drop me a message or your email and I'll contact you..Look forward to hearing from you.    Judi
I_must_be_crazy
on 8/4/12 9:04 am
Hi Judi,  I live in Cumberland.  Shopping is my favorite hobby :)  I have also started couponing and it is addictive.  I would love to join a gym but being big like I am I could not step one foot into a gym without people staring at me and makeing me feel really out of place.   Do you go to any support groups?  I go to the ones at Miriam hospital when I can.  Wow you must be doing great if you are 4 years out.  Thanks for replying to my post. 
Paola2019
on 11/21/13 9:25 pm
Hello Teresa, how are you? I hope you are doing great. I read your post and wanted to give you my support. I, like you, got married, had a kid, and stayed home taking care of my kid, because of her Special needs. I, too, Gained a lot of Weight, and Stopped going out from feeling weird, or not actractive. I, like you, dont have any friends, but one, who never goes out with Me anywhere. It is difficult for me. I know someone who wants to get the same Surgery you Got. How Are You Doing Now? Please Reply, Would Love to Hear from You.
Most Active