3 year surgiversary - yeah -

LessieBelle
on 8/19/12 4:54 pm

It has been 3 years since surgery - I have lost 140 lbs from high weight, and about 120 since surgery day. I have kept it off for the past year (maintaining, even though I want to lose a few more pounds). I would say I was a textbook case, no complications post surgery and the good news is that I do get dumping syndrome if I screw up and eat the wrong stuff.

Gastric bypass surgery definitely enabled me to lose the extra weight that I carried most of my life. The weight loss because of getting closer to your "normal" weight does slow down - stick with it.  And yes, your pouch does stretch out and allow you to eat more (because you ate more). Some weeks I have "small pouch weeks" - get full fast, some it is like "where is the bottom of this bottomless pit?  You can fall into your old habits - do everything you can to not do so.  Don't even let the stuff in the house if possible.

I have switched to low carb/paleo eating - I just feel better doing it and it enabled me to lose some more weight.

I love listening to podcasts about health, fitness, low carb, paleo, etc. They help me stay focused.  Also, to help me stay focused, I have also signed up for two more half-marathons - which means I have to train, which means I can't just sit on the couch.

Thank you to family, friends, and my doctors who supported me in this endeavor.

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

kse8556
on 8/19/12 7:16 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
Congrats! I am looking forward to when I am as far in the journey as you are.

LessieBelle
on 8/21/12 8:17 pm
Thank you.  you will be there before you know it.  It is truly amazing!
ALESIA1966
on 8/20/12 6:47 am - New Bern, NC
 Congratulations, now on to 3 more X 10 of continued success!

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

LessieBelle
on 8/21/12 8:18 pm

Thank you!  Look at you!  Wonderful success.

gailparker1280
on 8/22/12 6:57 am
It really helps to have supportive people who keeps you motivated throughout the process. Congratulations!!
Most Active