counselor for emotional eating

ice-cream
on 8/25/12 4:12 pm
i had ths surgery about 10 years ago and realizes now that i need some serious counseling for emotional overeating.  does anyone known of a good food counselor in the metro detroit area.
SueBee01
on 8/25/12 6:15 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Try calling your surgeons office and/or ask your NUT to suggest one.
 Sue

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/26/12 4:35 am
I agree.  Check with your surgeon's office.  They may have a psychologist on staff especially if they are a Center of Excellence.  It is very possible since you had surgery 10 years ago that they have added that position to their staff since surgery.  My bariatric surgeon's office has a full time psychologist.  She does all their psych evals.  She does group counseling prior to surgery if during your eval uncovers issues.  She does one-on-one counseling for eating issues after surgery.  She also started a second monthly support group meeting that is just about the emotional side of bariatric surgery.  It is very helpful.

Winnie

alwaysloyal
on 8/26/12 8:04 am - MI
Cruz Clinic in Livonia Mi.They came to our Aug.support group meeting .They have individual counseling and group classes once a week for WLS pts.You are welcome to come to our support group meetings the third Sat. of every mos. at Barix clinic on S. Prospect in Ypsilanti from 10:00AM-12.I haven't started w/Cruz yet but plan to inquire w/my insurance.Good luck
MsBatt
on 8/26/12 10:52 am
On August 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM Pacific Time, ice-cream wrote:
i had ths surgery about 10 years ago and realizes now that i need some serious counseling for emotional overeating.  does anyone known of a good food counselor in the metro detroit area.
You should post this on your state board.
Most Active