Eating solids too soon

Devongirl
on 9/3/12 8:47 am - Bronx, NY
Hi, I just had LAP RNY two weeks ago today. First week out was fine, then the hunger took over. I've already had (small and chewed very well) mac and cheese, cake, corn flakes, fish and chips and a mini mars bar.

What is the danger of eating real food too soon out of surgery when it has gone down well, and stopped my constant and horrible diarrhea?
sam1am
on 9/3/12 9:12 am
The dangers are food getting in your staple lines (or sutures), infection, possibly death.  At the very least, no weight loss with your choices.  Sorry, but are you for real, if so, I'm very, very worried for you.  Please talk to your surgeon's office about your choices. 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

CatahoulaLover
on 9/3/12 10:13 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12
Death. Why have the surgery to just kill yourself with food?

Not only are you eating too soon but you decided to eat junk. You didn't even try to stay on plan. Fish and chips? A Mars bar? WTF?!

If you really want to lose weight haul your ass to a therapist before you eat yourself to death.

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

jamiebrain
on 9/3/12 10:20 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 I'm 3 weeks out and I can't imagine eating stuff like that yet! (Or ever?!?)  Stuff my doc's office told me to eat to help the diarrhea included banana, saltines, applesauce.  Have you tried more diet friendly stuff like that?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

fireflymkz76
on 9/3/12 4:56 am, edited 9/3/12 4:57 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
You probably need to heal more before moving to solids, what does your surgeon say?

Just curious, why did you choose to eat those foods, they arent foods that are good for you.
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Generic User_Name
on 9/3/12 12:07 pm
I've already had mac and cheese, cake, corn flakes, fish and chips and a mini mars bar.

What is the danger of eating real food too soon out of surgery when it has gone down well, and stopped my constant and horrible diarrhea? 

How about DEATH!!!!!  
Is that serious enough for you???  You need to follow your surgeon's and nutritionist's post-op eating plan.

AnniesSS
on 9/3/12 2:02 pm
RNY on 09/11/12
I'm scared for you hon. Please contact your doctor/dietician, whomever and stop eating these things. :(
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

DivineVita
on 9/3/12 3:41 pm
Really afraid for you. I will keep you and your appetite in prayer. I think I would have overloaded on protein shakes or jello before doing something so drastic. I have resisted the urge to do anything like that and I live with folk that love those foods, even ate them in front of me. Did I eat? Heck no, Thats like seeing a sign that says CLIFF AHEAD-CERTAIN DEATH, and continuing forward anyway.
You have come too far and sacrificed too much to throw it away. Know that we all are tempted to eat what we shouldn't. It's not easy. Need a buddy or voice of reason? We are here for you. Connect with someone or a group to help keep you focused and healthy....and stay away from those food items, death is real and final.

nikeah01
on 9/3/12 3:47 pm - AL
 OMG I am 9 weeks out and I still have not eaten anything like that.... A Mars Bar why would you do that to yourself?

Devongirl
on 9/3/12 4:22 pm - Bronx, NY
Thank you to everyone who posted, but how could I die? Everything is going straight through me.

I am so so so so sick of jumping up every few minutes to visit the toilet, this is the main reason why I've eaten solid foods; to stop the pains in my stomach from wind and diarrhea pains.

I have worked hard to have the operation, I've been waiting for it for 4 years, and here in the UK having it done on the NHS is HARD to acheive. 

I will talk to someone in the medical field about what I've done. Thanks for advise but no need to be mean about it.
Most Active