Puréed phase

slwths
on 9/6/12 1:41 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 Yay I am getting close to purée stage!!!!  I have read several posts about decried beans, chili and etc. it sounds like they both will puree well and be fined or my next phase - Purée. Question, sorry if TMI...does eating the beans five you gas?  It seems with the small sleeves that it would be painful. If so, any steps to help prevent??  

Also, what are your favorite foods for the puree stage??  Recipes??

Thanks!

Eggface
on 9/6/12 2:16 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I didn't really have issues from them (eating just too small an amount I guess) I had them (careful if you get them out  at a Mexican restaurant old school places still use lard is used in the cooking of them) with a sprinkle of cheese about 8 days out from RNY a few T's... yum.

Here's some of the other things I ate:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

Hope it gives you a few ideas.

Take it slow and remember if something doesn't work out at first, wait a few weeks and try again, just because the Dr's list says you can eat it doesn't mean out new body wants it yet. Most things that gave me "trouble" worked the next time I tried it.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mcmanis
on 9/6/12 6:12 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
I just started the pureed phase and Im terrified of going to a resturant to get food. Although I did go to taco bell to get the pintos in cheese which is really good. Once I got it  I decieded to make my own by guessing how they did it to save money.

At Taco Bell their pintos and cheese is about 1/2 cup and that is way too much for me to eat because it is really thick and filling so I eat 1/4cup and save the rest for dinner.

I went to the store and bought a can of refried beans and a can of enchillda sauce and a bag of shredded cheese. I mixed the beans the enchillda sauce and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a bowl. According to the can the beans are 3 1/2 cups so I know this will last me for several meals. I have 1/2 cup GLADWARE containers I use to eat from so I fill eat container with 1/2c at a time and when I eat I make sure I only eat half of the 1/2 cup and i save the rest for my next meal. Its really filling and you save money not to mention you know whats in your food so you dont have to worry about that. Again my methods are not the final say I'm just sharing waht I do and you can take what helps and throw out the rest.

Thanks for listening.

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

SmallTownJen
on 9/6/12 8:56 am - IN
DS on 10/03/12
You can also use canned pinto beans for the same flavor.  I drain the juice, heat in the microwave, and mash or blend depending on the consistency you want.
slwths
on 9/6/12 1:20 pm
VSG on 08/27/12
 Thanks for the tips!!!  I am excited about the next phase...but will be extremely careful for sure.   I love this site. Everyone has been so helpful!

sasygal
on 9/6/12 1:08 pm - Canada
 I have a little mini cuisinard and just about whatever I served my family I was able to purée in my cuisinard.

My one advice would be to go easy n the beginning....but that's just me....
Most Active