Pre-op

amarie3579
on 9/8/12 12:26 pm
RNY on 09/20/12
Hi everyone!

Me and my fiancee are scheduled for RNY for September 20Th. We go tomorrow (9/10/12) for another weigh in and to go over history all that stuff, and then travel to the main hospital for pre-registration. My question is...If for some reason you were losing weight good, then gained back some weight, when do they determine if you can still have the surgery? I ask this because my fiancee, lost almost all the required weight then some how gained it back, (trainer thinks it's muscle gain) He's nervous they will tell him he can't do the surgery. Anyone else experienced this? Also, another question, the whole liquid diet, is it really as bad as some make it out to be? We will start that on our 9/10/12 appointment. Thanks to all responses in advance

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

rrrrickster
on 9/8/12 12:33 pm
VSG on 09/05/12
Think your doc is the best judge of the weight loss/gain and its impact.  If your fiancee lost the required weight, and then gained it back...it does not seem like a good situation.  Also, pls remember, the needed weight loss is helpful towards the ease and success of the surgery...and some outfits like Kaiser take a very harsh view of this.

Best of luck with your journey!
AnniesSS
on 9/10/12 10:28 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I just finished my 2-week protein shake diet and it wasn't bad.  The first 2 days were the hardest, but it got easier. Today I'm on clear liquids only.

Good luck to you and your fiance on your surgeries - which is on my birthday, so it has to be a good day, right? :)
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

MsBatt
on 9/10/12 2:15 pm
Looking at your ticker. I'm just guessing you're either REALLY tall, or your BMI is greater than 50. And if your BMI IS greater than 50, you DO.NOT.NEED. to have an RNY---you need to have a duodenal switch. (DS). The DS is the only form of WLS that will give long-term success, and if you haven't already researched it---please do, before you go under the knife. If you  don't, you WILL regret it later. Vist the 'Revision' board, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Think twice, cut once.
amarie3579
on 9/10/12 6:11 pm
RNY on 09/20/12
Well we went to all our pre op stuff today and got our times when we need to be at the hospital. Also had blood work done. Ty Annie! MsBatt, never heard of a duodenal switch, and I'm 5'3' and 329lbs. My BMI is 58.3 So I have a ways to go. I will look into the ds, thank you

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

Most Active