Unflavored Protein Shakes

lorraine1126
on 9/25/12 1:33 am - NJ
VSG on 09/19/12
I was wondering if anyone has used unflavored protein in their soups in order to get in some protein that way.  I'm still on a liquid diet and I'm having trouble with the protein shakes - they all seem to taste too sweet or have a terrible aftertaste.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.
linhop
on 9/25/12 1:55 am
I also found things to be very sweet. In fact I had a sweet taste in my mouth all the time. I did add the unflavored protein to soups. It was a little difficult to get them to disolve. i found Tomato soup to be the most palatable. I tried adding to broth, but it made it taste weird. One thing I did use it with is the flavor packet that comes with Ramen Noodles. I made it like broth and wisked the protein powder into it. That was pretty good, but if you are on a salt restricted diet beware. I think the salt made it taste better. Good Luck!
Valerie G.
on 9/25/12 3:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I have found nothing - absolutely nothing that is as flavorless as it touts.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Paul Carrick
on 9/25/12 4:25 am - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
I believe I used it with beef broth. I stopped pretty quickly. Even the unflavored had a bit of a chalky aftertaste.

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

enibas2
on 9/25/12 4:30 am - Canada
I do put my proteins in my soup. And actually it bring the soup a little more thicker i actually like it with my unflavoured prot. Try we might like it also.

Ashley Goforth
on 9/26/12 4:51 am - CA
I got 100% whey protein unflavored from GNC and I put it in my soup, yogurt, pudding of coarse I don't put a whole scoop because its too much to desolve in such a little amount of liquids but maybe half scoop or 1/4 its something extra good luck
Most Active