More good news things are looking up and i am soo happy!

mzlaura
on 10/10/12 1:38 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
First my appts were booked early and now i find out my open enrollment for my insurance is in April and not January like i thought. Normal length of time for my surgeons office for surgery date is 4-6 months which means i started this process on Oct 3rd and exactly 6 months out is April and there is a huge chance i may make the 4-5 month mark for surgery. Which means no more $4,000 deductible until April 2013... not Jan like i thought. And my insurance said i am at $5500 or so out of pocket right now and the insurance guy told me once i hit $7,000 then they pay 100% which means no 20% co-insurance i will owe either. I have more time than i thought initially.

Also my job is happy for me and is giving me Mondays off and all the other days i need off for my appts. I explained to them the situation and the after care too which means 2 weeks out of work and they are okay with it. Most of my support group meetings and drs appts seem to be on Mondays. I am sooo happy right now obviously someone up there thinks this is the right path for me and i deserve this.. nothing but good things have been coming from this whole process.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Kat1313
on 10/10/12 7:24 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Glad things are going smoothly for you!  Good luck!
rissa1224
on 10/11/12 1:50 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
Soooo happy for you!! Which  are you going for, band or bypass?

I found out my insurance doesnt re-start in Jan its April 1st also. I was thrilled .SO i dont have to 'rush' to get it done by Dec 31st! It's exciting finding all of that out. I hope all works out for you and its approved fast!

Do you have to do any diet plan for a certain time first? You have your nutrition appt, and psych also. Do you have to have an endoscopy? I did my bloodwork today. 9 tubes of blood, a urine test (not sure what for) and a breath test. Never heard of that! I had to breath in a bag. Then drink this powder mixedwith water (tasted like gross lemonade), wait 15 minutes then breath in another bag. Weird! I looked it up and I think it tests for H Pylori? Not sure.

Anyway, good luck and keep posting as things happen!
mzlaura
on 10/11/12 1:20 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
On October 11, 2012 at 8:50 AM Pacific Time, rissa1224 wrote:
Soooo happy for you!! Which  are you going for, band or bypass?

I found out my insurance doesnt re-start in Jan its April 1st also. I was thrilled .SO i dont have to 'rush' to get it done by Dec 31st! It's exciting finding all of that out. I hope all works out for you and its approved fast!

Do you have to do any diet plan for a certain time first? You have your nutrition appt, and psych also. Do you have to have an endoscopy? I did my bloodwork today. 9 tubes of blood, a urine test (not sure what for) and a breath test. Never heard of that! I had to breath in a bag. Then drink this powder mixedwith water (tasted like gross lemonade), wait 15 minutes then breath in another bag. Weird! I looked it up and I think it tests for H Pylori? Not sure.

Anyway, good luck and keep posting as things happen!
I've thought about the sleeve but i think i am more steering towards RNY. I have my nutrtionist visit scheduled, my exercise physiologist, and a weight check appt all scheduled in the next few weeks. Plus i am trying to start my 6 week lifestlyle change classes that start Oct 22nd granted they are not full i would like to do them now. My 1st nutritionist visit is on Oct 30th. I am assuming after these appointments i will be booked for more stufff but as of now i am booked until Nov 9th. I am assuming that yes i may have to have the endoscopy and the labs.. and the h pylori test i think all pre-gastric patients have to get that done. When did you start your process and what are you getting done?

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

rissa1224
on 10/11/12 9:23 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
 Awesome! I started my process basically. I am getting the band. To me, I think the 'process' starts at the first consultation with the surgeon. Then you have all your appointments with psych, nutritionist, bloodwork, etc. I have already changed my diet, also because of my "chemical imbalance", I dont mind changing my diet habbits now, to get used to it for the surgery. The first few days were a little tough, i love my carbs! But now that I went shopping it isnt 'that bad'. I know some people who have had the surgery, mostly gastric bypass patients, and they said they didnt have to do that test, I guess it depends on your surgeon. They also didnt have to have the endoscopy. I will do anything as soon as possible to get the ball rolling with insurance. 
vicki in indy
on 10/11/12 5:31 am - Indianapolis, IN
 really great news.  Best wishes on your journey
Most Active