Diarrhea ... HELP!

nikki050
on 10/13/12 10:15 am - Milwaukee, WI
 I have had my fair share with diarrhea from not eating correctly but I've always been able to correct that with Imodium.

However, the past 2 weeks ... I have changed my eating habits and done a fantastic job by losing 10 pounds of the 60 pounds that I've put back on from my Gastric Bypass Surgery. With that being said, I cannot stop the Diarrhea that I've been having about 5x a day. I've been taking Imodium and it's not helping. I did call m surgeon's office after hours answering service last night and my surgeon called me back and wants me to come in on Monday. I explained to him that I am without insurance at this point and cannot afford an office visit but would perfer if he'd call in some sort of generic prescription in to stop this diarrhea. He kinda ignored my request and told me to call his office on Monday :\

Has anyone had this same problem and if so, what medication did you end up taking? Do you know the price range of the medication? What could be going on with my body here?

Thanks,

Nikki
MsBatt
on 10/13/12 10:26 am
PLease post what you HAVE been eating. Include vitamins, supplements, etc. Do you take probiotics? Have you been on any antibiotics? ANYthing unusual?
nikki050
on 10/13/12 10:57 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Hmmm you'll be sad to know that I do not take any vitamins or supplements. no probiotics. no antibiotics. nothing unusual. I don't eat much. I dont have much much of an appettite.. I drink coffee and eat soup but I've done that for years now.
Laura in Texas
on 10/13/12 11:31 pm
Wow. You do realize you are risking permanent damage to your body by not taking vitamins and supplements, right?? You look very young. You have your whole lifetime ahead of you. I hope you do not want to spend it being an invalid when it can be avoided. I hope people who have suffered permanent damage to their bodies will chime in here. I'm not trying to be a ***** just worried about you.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

nikki050
on 10/14/12 3:14 am - Milwaukee, WI
 I have never taken vitamins or supplements and the only thing that I'm low on is B12 but I cannot afford the shots or to even go to the doctor. Eh, I have different views on things and how I live is not really "approved" by others. I do everything a tad bit differently or per say backwards. Just the way I am. I'm as low income as they come. And no, I don't need prays ha 

I just want to stop having diarrhea. 
Jackie McGee
on 10/14/12 3:18 am - PA
 Have you applied for Medicaid? Being low-income, you would get approved and then have insurance. You can apply online in most states.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

nikki050
on 10/14/12 3:21 am - Milwaukee, WI
 I don't qualify for medicaid and Badger Care Plus in Wisconsin, I've been on a waiting list for over 2 1/2 years. I'm kinda used to not having insurance and just making do. Maybe one day.
Jackie McGee
on 10/14/12 5:14 am - PA
 Yikes that sucks.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Valerie G.
on 10/14/12 5:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Seriously - the different view you're heading towards is the inside of a coffin.   I don't care what your "view" is or what your income situation is - you're killing yourself slowy, and there are some effects of malnutrition that are irreversible if you ever decide to get with the program.  They give guidelines for a reason.  You'll probably become deathly ill and start telling everyone not to have wls because of course it's all there is to blame, right?  You're irresponsible and should never have been given such a gift.  It disappoints me that the psych evaluation wasn't at all looked at seriously on you.

For the diarrhea, try eating a few cups of yogurt daily.  It may simply be an imbalance of bacteria in your bowels and the probiotics in yogurt will help populate the colony of good bacteria.  A probiotic pill may be a bigger hit, but I doubt you'll bother with it.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

nikki050
on 10/14/12 7:29 am - Milwaukee, WI
AGAIN. I HAVE SEEN MY SURGEON RECENTLY WHO GAVE ME A REVISION SO DON'T EVEN GO THERE TRYING TO ASSUME YOU KNOW WHO I AM OR WHAT I'M ABOUT. YOU DON'T KNOW ME...YOU ONLY KNOW WHAT I'VE SOLD YOU. SO TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF LADY. I DONT NEED SOME MIDDLE AGED WOMEN FROM THE INTERNET YELLING AT ME THAT I SHOULD OF HAD A CLOSER LOOK AT MY PSYCH EVALUATION...I DON'T RESPOND TO IGNORANCE VERY WELL AND YOU MAY THINK IM IGNORANT. IM REAL, IM A REALIST AND I DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. I RUN MY LIFE HOW I WANT TO DO THINGS AND NO ONE IS GOING TO RUN THINGS THE SAME AS THE NEXT PERSON. I DONT CARE IF SOME PERSON WITH A PIECE OF PAPER TOLD ME THAT I WAS GOING TO DIE IF I DIDNT DO THIS OR THAT, I LIVE FOR NOW. THAT'S HOW I WORK. AND IF I CHOOSE TO NOT TAKE A EFFIN VITAMIN SO BE IT. I RUN MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT TO RUN MY LIFE AND GUESS WHAT... I HAD MOM. THANKS YOU CAN'T REPLACE HER. 

SORRY THAT I TOLD THE TRUTH AND SORRY THAT I ASKED A FREAKING QUESTION. KEEP YOUR SASSY COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. YOU'RE TRIFFLIN BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE BEHIND A MONITOR BUT YOU'RE NOTHING IN PERSON AND IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SAY THAT TO SOMEONE IN PERSON...YOU GO GIRL BUT I DOUBT IT SO KEEP ON TYPING YOUR CRAP AND TRY REAL HARD TO READ ME BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO. 

CHEERS!
Most Active