Samples of lunches taken to work

leolady12
on 10/14/12 6:23 am
RNY on 10/01/12
Could someone provide a sample menu of what you pack to take to work to eat during the day since so little can be eaten at a time?  I had the RNY and will be going back to work in a couple of weeks and right now I can cook an egg or use the food processor at home when I decide to eat.  Not sure how to plan for going back to work five days a week.

Lauren Vento
on 10/14/12 6:43 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12
 I take sliced turkey (sandwich meat) and cheese, and I take a protein shake for a snack.

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

leolady12
on 10/14/12 6:45 am
RNY on 10/01/12
Thanks. I am not finding any protein shakes I like. What do you like?

MsVThin
on 10/15/12 5:50 am - Hesperia, CA
 I was having a hard time finding ones I liked also.  I recently tried mixing in a spoon of sugar free jello pudding powder or a small amount of the sugar free coffee syrups like the ones the use at Starbucks or the Torani brand that is sold at Smart & Final here in Ca.   It really helps the taste.  Sometimes I also take coffee from the morning and keep it in the fridge to add instead of jus****er for more flavor.  I think you just need to get creative...and try lots of different kinds of proteins.  
My favorite drink so far is Click Mocha Espresso...it is good just with water and ice.

Hvfaith
on 10/14/12 9:10 am - St Albert, Canada
 I take a small can of tuna, some black olives with cucumber and mix it up. I love Unjury shakes with skim milk (I will sometimes add coffee for a mocha).  Or a cup of homemade turkey chili.  I also use cheese for a snack.  Pack your lunch everyday!  It is difficult to find good food in reasonable portions when you are starting out, at least I found it a challenge.  I stay away from soup, doesn't hold me long enough and sometimes makes me feel ill.

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

BezoarGirl
on 10/14/12 10:01 am - WA
Love everyone's posts.  I also pack some hummus with cucumber slices to eat. 
Turkey lunchmeat and protein shakes for snacks one in the a.m. and one in the afternoon.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

kse8556
on 10/14/12 1:37 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
Do you have access to a microwave @ work?  I got one of those round microwave egg cookers. I use a little cooking spray, and it works great.  Sometimes I take a slice of turkey, a slice of ham, and fat free cheese. Roll, slice and eat with a fork. I always have a protien shake handy, just in case.  I have a 45 min commute every morning, so I have a protein drink for breakfast every morning. I also take sugar free jello, because it helps me with the fluid intake. I also have vegetable beef soup on a regular basis. Good Luck !

leolady12
on 10/14/12 11:57 pm
RNY on 10/01/12
Thanks, good suggestions.

kse8556
on 10/14/12 1:39 pm - MO
RNY on 04/24/12
PS: We buy Premier Protein Shakes.  We get them from Sams Club for about 19.00 a case.  Very tasty.

leolady12
on 10/14/12 11:58 pm
RNY on 10/01/12
Thanks, I am a member there. Seems most people mention Costco's which is not around me

Most Active