weight loss stall... fustrated.

I_must_be_crazy
on 10/15/12 11:21 pm
It has been 6 months since I had surgery and I have lost almost 100 pounds but for the last two weeks I have only lost 1 pound.  It is very fustrating, I have not been eating more then I should and I am eating the right things.  It is really depressing.  I know I will continue to loose weight but I really get fustrated when I work hard to loose weight and nothing happens.  I have gotten on the scale in the morning and then again at night and the weight difference can be as much as 3 pounds...  should I get a new scale or can this really happen?  
MsBatt
on 10/16/12 12:59 am
It's not really considered a "stall" until you've gone AT LEAST 4 weeks without losing either pounds or inches. Your body's just taking a rest, doing a little catch-up maintainence.

And yes, your weight can vary as much as ten pounds from morning to night! Think of it this way---a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds. Retain a half-gallon of 'extra' water, and that's four pounds right there.
CindyKae64
on 10/16/12 1:10 am
RNY on 05/22/12
It happens, just stick to your plan and stay away from your scale. I am in the same situation as your right now at 5 months out, I usually only weigh on Mondays, but this week I didn't even do that because of my frustration the last couple of weeks with the scale  not moving. I will try next Monday and maybe I will be surprised to see the scale move once again. This is normal as our bodies need to catch up and adjust to all the weight we have lost. I am sick right now with a major cold and do not feel like eating anything, but I am at least drinking protein drinks and trying to get all my protein and water in, maybe this will jump start things again for me. Hang in there!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

I_must_be_crazy
on 10/16/12 2:07 am
yea I was weighing myself on Fridays but after two in a role with very little loss I weighed my self 3 times in 4 days...  I think I will stay off the scale for a while,  I am sure things will get back on track,  it is just fustrating but I am very grateful to have lost as much as I have in the past 6 months.   Thanks for your post and I hope you get better soon. 
Most Active