Crockpot recipes for 10 hours

leolady12
on 10/16/12 5:36 am
RNY on 10/01/12
Hi - I have seen chicken recipes for the crockpot, but I work 8 hours + 1 hour lunch, so with driving, I am gone 10 hours.  Chicken would be overcooked in the crockpot for 10 hours.  Does anyone have any other recipes that can sit in a crockpot for 10 hours that is healthy who has had the gastric bypass, and the meat needs to be moist, not overcooked, and easy for the stomach to digest?
Thanks.

molly3613
on 10/16/12 6:09 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Soups and stew and chili all do well for me. My crockpot has low, high and warm. If you set it for 8 hours on low then it flips to warm till you turn it off. I hardly ever use high. Just low temp all day. Just be sure there is plenty of broth or liquid - maybe put in more than called for for such a long day. Everything will be more tender and better cooked longer and slower.
Member Services
on 10/16/12 6:28 am - Irvine, CA
Try visiting our Recipe forum for some great recipes and also use the search feature for crock pot, chicken recipes.

http://ec2app12.obesityhelp.com/forums/recipe/

Thank you,
Member Services

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/12 8:10 am
A lot of mine I do on weekends or overnight. I make large volume anyway so then have to reheat them anyway.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BezoarGirl
on 10/16/12 12:33 pm - WA
Do you have a high and low setting?  For 6 hours or less I use the high setting for 8-10 hours I use the low setting.  Make sure the meat goes on top so it is not sitting in the liquid all day.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

MsBatt
on 10/16/12 1:38 pm
Chicken will be fine on 'low' for 10 hours. Here's an all-purpose recipe for the crock pot:

Hunk o' meat, your choice---beef, pork, poultry
2 large onions, finely chopped
spices to taste

Dump all ingredients into crock pot, but do NOT add any liquid. Sufficient juices will cook out of the meat and the onions.

Simmer for 10-12 hours on low.
cabin111
on 10/17/12 1:12 pm
What about one of those electric timers, that make the lights go on at certain hours.  May find it at Radio Shack.  Nowadays you can turn things on in your place from your phone...
Sharon G.
on 10/17/12 11:32 pm - maple grove, MN

Hi,

I use frozen chicken breast.  It is wonderful and always turns out.  Never dry. You don't need much liquid with the frozen chicekn breasts.  I also will do frozen beef stew meat that way.  Works wonderful and always cook on low temp setting.  Also get a slow cooker that has a switch to warm after the initial cook time.   They are not super expensive.  Also there is a website out there called thecrockpotgirls.com.  Check them out.  They have many many recipes and soooo many to chose from.  My crock pot is my best friend.  I use it many times a week... Good luck!

Most Active