Update on me... through this process of RNY

mzlaura
on 10/17/12 1:18 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
I had my 1st consult a few days ago. I have been accepted into the program. I see my nutritionist first visit with her Oct 30th and my 6 week lifestyle change group starts on Nov 8th and ends Dec 27th i believe they skip over a few weeks. I also get to attend my required 2 support groups Nov 12th and Dec 10th. I have lost already 7lbs so according to my PA at the center i only have to lose 20 more pounds to make my 8% weight loss goal. As of today i am down 3 more pounds from what they weighed me at. 17 more pounds to go and i haven't even had my 1st nutritionist visit with the center yet.. i am excited!

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

rissa1224
on 10/17/12 11:39 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
CONGRATS!!!! I am happy for you!! The nutritionist is SO helpful, I cant wait to see her again for my follow up next Tuesday.

I wanted to get the band but now I am undecided. It isnt best for me. The better is the bypass or the sleeve. What made you choose the bypass? I am looking for any and all input on those2 to help me with my decison. Either way I am going to get WLS and I can not wait to feel great and look great. Keep posting as your journey continues!
mzlaura
on 10/18/12 12:57 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
Well i am sure there are horror stories with any surgery but for me the rny has a MUCH better long term outcome as far as weight loss as long as you continue to follow the instructions, your exercise, and eating habits. The band has a lower percentage of weight loss and you have to go for constant fillings and i hear the band slips a lot. I was thiinking sleeve too but that is out for me because of my acid reflux.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Most Active