Recipes that freeze well

leolady12
on 10/19/12 4:12 am
RNY on 10/01/12
Hi - I am on the end of week three from have RNY surgery.  So I am still on stage 2 foods.  I have to go back to work the beginning of week 6.

Could someone suggest their own receipes that I could make now and will freeze well for when I go back to work?

If you have a recipes you have tried and like and there is a link to it, you can pass that on.

I have to figure out recipes I can make now for my husband and I while I am on stage 2 too.  Just got my oven fixed so I am ready to try some recipes instead of the items I am eating now.

Ladytazz
on 10/19/12 8:43 am
I think this is okay for stage 2 but if not it is still good to know for the future.  I live on this stuff.  I triple the recipe and freeze enough for a month.  I haven't gotten sick of it yet.
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/09/taco-casserole.h tml

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

its-killen-me
on 10/19/12 11:20 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Lasagna,  cut back on the noodles, lots of beef, cheese and sauce.  I make one in the slow cooker with the no cook noodles I just dont use very many and Break them up.  Use your favorite recipe and it freezes well.
I fry the ground beef before i put it in the slow cooker.  let it cook on high for about 4 hours.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
tinamarie_125
on 10/20/12 11:57 am
I would cook a bunch of ground beef and freeze it. You can defrost quickly and have taco meat, mini burgers, shepherds pie, spaghetti.
sam1am
on 10/21/12 6:40 am
I make meatloaf muffins, just use your favorite meatloaf recipe and make it in muffin tins.  It freezes well.  I also make lasagna cupcakes.  You can use a wonton wrapper in a muffin tin and add your favourite sauce and veggies and cheese for a quick meal.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active