Any ideas??

OneHotMomma-Caryn
on 10/23/12 2:10 am
All has been going well since surgery, but all of a sudden I am starting to crave salt. I know I could call the NUT but was hoping that I could get some of your salty ideas off the forum. Of course, I want something that is healthy.  I was thinking pickles, but my daughter "who is a nurse" said that they have too much sodium so be careful.  What do you do for your salt craves?

Thanks.
Caryn

SW: 257 LBS    CW: 205 LBS   GW: 140 LBS    

Mike R.
on 10/23/12 2:23 am - Warner Robins, GA
Assuming you are more than 6 wks post-op, 1 oz of lightly salted nuts (peanuts, cashews, etc.) for my snack helps stave off the craving for me.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Dave Chambers
on 10/23/12 5:25 am - Mira Loma, CA

Dried peas, Dry roasted edamame, soynuts have small amounts of sodium, high protein content, don't require refrigeration, etc.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

NurseBonBon
on 10/23/12 6:06 am - El Paso, TX
 Try almonds , lightly salted and roasted. A small handful a day offers a tasty treat and other health benefits!  

GodisGood
on 10/23/12 10:33 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
Not sure how far out you are but one of my fave was.... 1/4 of fat free ricotta cheese, about a tsp of low fat marinara sauce, and a tiny sprinkle of cheese on top... Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and its like a lasagna.... I ate this for the first few months of my surgery..... Good luck...
It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.
Beauty=Confidence. If U Believe it,, They'll Believe it.!  

According To Your Faith Be It Unto You. Matthew 9:29    
Valerie G.
on 10/25/12 10:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Salt IS sodium!

If you're craving it, you might be low on it.  If you find yourself having dizzy spells, your BP could be dropping due to the shortage of salt.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active