plateau for 2months please help

kirasoma
on 10/22/12 11:39 pm
I am 8 months out 90 lbs lighter , but have been stalled for almost two months and cant seem to break the barrier. Is something wrong with me?
jmjm55077
on 10/23/12 12:34 am - MN
Maybe...but maybe not...think of your daily food and exercise as a math problem...Figure out your BMI (how many calories do you need to exist) then figure out how many you need to lose weight at a moderate rate (1-8 pounds a month)...From there, what you eat will count against the calories but you can exercise (allows you to burn more calories and eat more!)...

If you follow this and track everything correctly, you should restart losing...unless...you hold water weight or have an unlying health issue that may affect things...either way...get with a nutritionist for more help on it and good luck!
jane   

Mike R.
on 10/23/12 2:13 am - Warner Robins, GA
@Jane, I think you meant BMR (Basel Metabolic Rate).

Also, rule of thumb is 3,500 calories = 1 lb.  So with a daily 500 calorie deficit per day you should lose 1 lb per week all else being normal.

- Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

MsBatt
on 10/23/12 8:15 am
So, you actually lost 90 pounds in the first six months, right? (Since you've been stalled the last two months.) How much do you still have to lose?  I looked at your profile, but it doesn't say what your beginning or goal weight was, which form of WLS you had, or whether you had any other health issues. All these things play a part in how you lose weight.

Do you journal your food? How many calories do you eat? How much protein, how much fat, how many carbs? What about exercise?

There are folks here who can help you, but this is info we have to have first.
Most Active