Recommendations for dips for chicken

leolady12
on 10/30/12 5:38 am
RNY on 10/01/12

Hi - I am going back to work next week.  I was going to bring chicken strips with me and wanted to know if anyone had any recipes or recommendations for dipping sauces for the chicken so that it will not be dry when I eat it.  I eat chicken salad too, but wanted to have just chicken as well to take to work?  Thanks.

Linda_S
on 10/30/12 11:55 am - Eugene, OR

I've always found chicken strips difficult to eat.  I prefer to eat the dark meat - thighs mostly.  It doesn't dry out and is so much easier to eat.  

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Hvfaith
on 10/30/12 12:01 pm - St Albert, Canada

Tatziki ,is yummy, make it with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, I do use cranberry sauce but I make it from scratch with a little Splenda instead of canned which is full of sugar

PaulaS
on 10/31/12 12:27 am - TX

I use BBQ sauce or else I have a very hard time, too.   The one I use has 45 calories for 2 tablespoons, so not bad.   Not sure how much I actually get, I just pour a little on the chicken, heat it up, and eat.   Most of it is left in the plate when I finish, but otherwise, chicken is very hard for me.   And, I don't like dark meat so much ;(.

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:39 am, edited 10/31/12 11:22 pm

SERIOUSLY ?   I read these  lame answers and  was  struck that the study saying obese children distinguish tastes significantly LESS just might be true !

OK - fat free  incredibly tasty peanut sauce ( takes one minute ) -  thai taste  peanut sauce mix..... fat free powdered  milk ( 1/4   package )  .. coconut extract .....  boil  peanut ,mix...  add  slightly diluted milk w cc extract ... serve 

fat free bearnaise .... vodka sauce ... 4 cheese sauce ..garlic herb and pesto sauce . all of the above make w supermarket sauce envelopes ,fat free milk and butter buds .  Boil , thicken then add ff milk ( diluted  and mixed w water )  and powdered butter buds  which are ( fat free )freeze dried real butter solids that make anything taste like U added real butter .  Add a  bit of vodka also to  the vodka sauce  after its off the stove to bring out the taste :) 

You can also make an excellent cheddar cheese type sauce  using  1/2  of a three for a dollar  walmart macaroni n cheese  box sauce mix...  add some powdered milk ,  fat free  cheese slices and U have a high protein  very tasty  cheez-wiz substitute  for say steamed broccoli dipping ... 

good luck !  I personally love my oven fried  chicken beast fingers made with extra  crispy shake n bake ! 

The trick is NOT to overcook them ... I've noticed that may overweight people eat ridiculously overcooked " hockey pucks " .  When meat springs back to the touch .. its DONE  .. take it out of the oven and let it REST and finish cooking for like seven minutes .  The juices will go back int o the meat and it will be tender and flavorful as opposed to stringy and dry ... chicken fingers take like 5 minutes to bake to doneness in a 350  degree properly preheated oven ... because they are  so small .

NormaBee
on 10/31/12 11:11 am

If you like Buffalo Wings - try Greek yogurt, Frank's Red Hot and a little blue cheese or blue cheese dressing - you can put the chicken strips in in advance, the greek yogurt acts as a marinade and softens up the chicken some. Enjoy!

walterswife
on 10/31/12 5:39 pm

Please take your time with chicken. You are only a month out and I question if you are ready for it. However if you want to try it, I suggest you try it at home first just in case. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active