Quick weight loss pre-op diet suggestions?

mzlaura
on 11/11/12 12:05 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Right now i am doing anywhere from 1300-1500 calories. PA agrees this is okay he says it's working for me and normal people have to do 1200 calories to see the results i am seeing.. i have 10 more pounds to lose pre-surgery i would like it gone by my next weight check Dec 12th i believe.. that give me around 1 month to lose 10 pounds. Where should i be calorie wise and should i do meal replacements with shakes for a quick loss? I know my program offers opti-fast. If i can get this 10 pounds off i should be able to move on with seeing the director of my program 1 doctor BEFORE sugeon once my weight is gone, etc.. all other appts already scheduled so i am good on that. What did you all do food/exercise pre-op if you had a weight percentage loss to meet pre-surgery also if you did lose 10+ pounds how long did it take?

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

TaraBaby81
on 11/11/12 1:01 pm, edited 11/11/12 1:02 pm - NJ
VSG on 11/20/12

I have been on my pre-op diet for a week now and I have lost 5lbs.  This pre-op diet is given to me by my doctor and nutritionist.

Breakfast - Protein Shake

Lunch - Protein Shake

Dinner - 3-4oz of protein (meats, eggs, etc.)

1/2 cup of starch

1 cup veggie

It may seem like you are barely eating anything but I don't feel hungry afterwards and it has shown weight loss already.

Tara Baby          
LilOpie
on 11/12/12 12:27 am - NH

I just had my surgery last week....One week out so far...the last 2 weeks before I went in for surgery they put me on a liver shrinking diet...my day normally went as this..

Breakfast- slim fast

snack- protein bar - (Cliff Builder choc mint taste like a Thinmint Cookie)

lunch- slim fast

snack- veggies or fruit

dinner- frozen dinner 300 calories or less with a big salad with fat free dressing

I could of added more veggies and fruits in but I tried to stop eating as soon as I thought I was full.  I lost about 8 lbs a week this way...

Most Active