weight gain after 3.5 years Gastric bypass

Donna M.
on 11/14/12 8:35 am - Canada
hi Everyone,

It has been a while since i have been on here, and recently i have been frustrated. Since summer i have gained 9lbs, I am not walking like i did in the summer. i don't consume many calories, I consume 1400 cal a day, with little exercise. Dr told me i have to be careful what exercise i do because i need a double knee replacement to i have be careful not to injure. Please can anyone give me any insight as to what could possibly be happening.

thanks!
Donna
donna-100lbslost.gif picture by lynnca1972

Carol S.
on 11/14/12 8:57 am - Milwaukee, WI

Water aerobics!  I don't have any magical cure for you, I have to work out hard to keep my weight in check.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Donna M.
on 11/14/12 9:17 am - Canada
thanks, that is what the ortho doctor recommended as well.

I'm gonna go back to basics and do the pouch test and see if that helps.

Donna
donna-100lbslost.gif picture by lynnca1972

Hislady
on 11/14/12 10:08 am - Vancouver, WA

It's fairly common for some folks to end up regaining a few years out. This is a life long change so you still have to eat low calorie and continue to exercise. If I were you I'd cut at least 200 calories a day out of your food plan and then try to get some kind of exercise. The water aerobics is good or get a stationary bike and set it for some tension so you are working your muscles. My doc said the more muscle you build the more calories you'll burn. So of you cut some calories and add some exercise you should start losing. Nine pounds isn't a lot but better to catch it now. Good luck!

Mary Catherine
on 11/14/12 2:57 pm

It is ridiculously easy to keep the weight off for a few years and then the body wakes up and the intestines learn how to absorb calories again.  Their are hairlike appendages called villi inside the intestines.  These get stronger and more plentiful.  They grab your food and hold it into contact with your intestines so that the calories can be absorbed.  Once that happens you gain weight without making changes to your diet and exercise.

For me, it took going down to 800 calories a day for several months to get off about ten pounds.  I was doing a lot of exercise, at least two hours most days.  

Most Active