Depression

leolady12
on 11/24/12 7:51 am
RNY on 10/01/12
I had the Rny surgery on 10/1. Today I am overwhelmed with depression. Maybe because it is the holidays, but feel like every thing now is about food and drinking. Anyone have these feelings?

Valerie G.
on 11/24/12 8:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You are right - there is an awful lot of food and drinking around the holidays - both of which you must be excluded from.  There are still lots of socialization going on around that, though, that you CAN participate in.  I know it's kind of saddening, but you'll be much better off next year with a new dress to boot.  Now, if you're more than just a little blue about the holidays, the good news is that real depression is common with hormonal changes and totally treatable.  Just see a doc for help.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

anewbeginning2012
on 11/24/12 10:07 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

We are surgery sisters - mine was the same day. I know how you are feeling. I have had luck in taking board games to get to gethers and trying to not stand around the food table. I just start mingling more and it has helped alot. I have not missed the food at all - and always take something I can eat- even if it is just crackers and cheese. If you are feeling depressed on a daily basis (not just around this holiday time) you may want to talk to your therapist. It could be hormonal changes, or something more. If you want to message me, I would be glad to talk with you.

Kris

Kris        
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 3:12 pm

Yes when ever we have holiday feels like eating a wide variety of dishes and tasting different kinds of drinks! Depression one of the dangerous problems we don't do what we do when this situation arises! Major problem is gaining weight hugely!!

Most Active