gastric band and heart arrhythmias

jkhawk8
on 12/9/12 8:10 am - Alexandria, KY

Has anyone ever experienced an increase in irregular heartbeats with their gastric band?  I've had my band for 4 years now, and lately I've had an increase in PVCs (premature ventricular contractions).  I've had them completely checked out by cardiologists and even an electrophysiologist, they are benign but they are so bothersome because they are so numerous and I feel each and every one.  I've wondered about the placement of the band and any "hanging down" parts it may have and whether that or a possible slippage might be aggravating surrounding tissue which in turn stimulates my quirky heart patterns.

One of my previous cardiologists has mentioned my band on several occasions when I've had chest and neck pain that turned out not to be heart-related.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I have to follow up with my doctors this week for either medication changes or possible (but last resort) cardiac catheter ablation.

Thanks everyone.

Valerie G.
on 12/9/12 9:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It may very well be time to lose that band.  Definitely get in touch with your surgeon for their take on it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ruggie
on 12/9/12 9:04 am - Sacramento, CA

Might want to post this in the band forum.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active