Psych eval update and other stuff...

mzlaura
on 12/30/12 5:24 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Had my psych eval on Dec 28th she asked me a few questions when i plan to have surgery she asked why i wanted it, etc. How long i have been overweight? Depression, hospitalizations.. and despite my psychiatric hospitalizations she wished me well and said goodluck.. i said 2013 is going to be an amazing year she said yes i agree and told me me not gain anymore weight before meeting witht he surgeon, etc. I am assuming this is her go-ahead? I am soooo relieved with my family history, etc i thought this would be a huge problem. My last lifestyle class is Thurs Jan 3rd it was supposed to be Dec 27th but the weather changed that.. on that day i will get my certificate and the director will have everything in hand in order to approve me to meet with the surgeon. I see the director Jan 15th... and anywhere from 1-4 weeks later will meet with 1 of the 2 surgeons and get my surgery date the same day to think by this month i will have a surgery date OMG i am so happy!!! I have done everything they have asked and surpassed by weight loss goal so far by 4 pounds. They wanted me at 318.6 and yesterday morning i was 314.4 WITH the holidays i am pretty proud of myself. Still hoping for a Feb surgery date but it could be March we will see.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

poet_kelly
on 12/30/12 9:10 pm - OH

It sounds to me like she is clearing you for surgery but if you're not sure, you can call and ask.  You can also get a copy of her report to your surgeon, if you'd like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JJ_
on 12/31/12 12:39 am

Woohoo!  The psych evaluation is to determine if you are stable, conscious of the decision you are taking (ramifications) and ready for surgery.  They are also looking to see if you have a good support system in place.  Visiting OH and talking with others that have had surgery is a positive thing as well.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Judy

Most Active