OT-Novasure anyone? TMI

Melissa Nicely
on 1/8/13 9:06 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Has anyone had this done or heard much about it? I have been having a lot of trouble with my periods, heavy bleeding and lots of cramps. It seemed to get worse after the birth of my daughter 6 years ago. I am done having children so my GYN recommended that I have this done to help lighten my periods and give me some relief. I have already had my ultrasound and my biopsy was today. My procedure is scheduled for the 25. I am just getting nervous, I am more comfortable waiting for my RYN then I am for this. I have talked to people that has had WLS before, but I have only spoken to 1 woman that has had this done and it was the nurse at my GYN office today.

Katie R.
on 1/8/13 9:53 pm - MN

Hi, I had the procedure done may 2012. The next day I was up and doing my normal routine.  I still spot every once in awhile but nothing a panty-liner can't take care of.   

sassygurl
on 1/9/13 12:07 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada

I had this procedure performed almost two years ago. After my initial recovery, I have not had a period since. I do not regret it one bit.

You will feel a bit crampy for a couple of days. Almost like you are having a bad period. Your uterus will be really pissed off, but will get over it. I had bleeding for almost six weeks. I heard for some it's less. At times it was quite heavy. Just be prepared for that. But like I said, once I got over all that, it's been nothing since.

The downside of it for me is at my age, 51, I won't know when I experience menopause. I will require bloodwork to determine that. To me it's not a huge deal.

Good Luck with your procedure and if you have any questions at all...please ask!

Denise

Barbi468
on 1/9/13 1:51 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12

I had this done years ago. My cycles were so bad I would go through an overnight pad and a super plus tampon in about 30 minutes or less. After, my cycles are so much better, I still get them, some people do not. Mine are so much lighter now then they were before. I am glad I did it.

Good Luck.

Melissa Nicely
on 1/9/13 3:30 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Thanks ladies, it eases my mind a little knowing some of you have had this done. Thanks for sharing with me.

Linda B.
on 1/11/13 12:12 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I had my Novasure 3 weeks after my VSG. Recovery wasn't to bad, just lots of watery discharge for several weeks. I've had 3 cycles since and I so far, I still get periods, but much lighter and shorter than before. Just like WLS, you mileage may vary. My OB/GYN did warn me that there is a "shelf life" with any ablation, the lining could grow back in 5-7 years. But, since I was 45 when I did it, he thinks it would be a good bridge to menopause. Good luck.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active