Worried - is it enough for approval?

Srg2
on 1/10/13 5:09 am - CA

I am still waiting on insurance approval for my revision surgery.  I have a BMI of 38 and suffer from severe acid reflux and was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2003.  My doctor submitted my endoscopy report from 2011 and my sleep study from 2003.  Will that be enough for approval?  I am getting really anxious but should know something in a week.

Valerie G.
on 1/10/13 5:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It should be

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

VSG on 06/12/13
It depends on what your policy requires, and how persuasively your physician argued your case.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Jilly Bean
on 1/10/13 9:55 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

With my policy (Anthem BCBS) that would not be approved. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Srg2
on 1/10/13 10:43 am - CA

My policy states they will cover revision if one of three conditions are met - one of which is not lost at least 50% of excess weight with 1st surgery.  The other two conditions are co-morbidities or slippage.  I reviewed the clinical policy bulletin and there are no other requirements for revision procedure.  However, my doctors office made me do the nutritional classes, behavior modification program, and support group attendance before they would even submit to insurance. 

Srg2
on 1/17/13 3:25 am - CA

Found out today I was approved!!!!!!

Most Active