post op juices

Srg2
on 1/10/13 5:38 pm - CA

What kind of SF juices do you like post-op?  I have been looking everywhere for SF apple juice but all I can find is the "no sugar added" kind.

scarlettbegonias
on 1/10/13 6:18 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I'm pretty sure you won't find sugar free apple juice given apples have natural sugar in them BUT I could be wrong given I'm in a different country and am blown away by the amount of sf stuff that's available over there.

i drank no added sugar orange juice in hospital- I found the apple too sweet and I had no issues with it, I have RNY and dump off a lot of things but so far the fructose in the juice hasn't been an issue.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Valerie G.
on 1/10/13 9:51 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You can always water down juice.  Cranberry is one of the juices lower in sugar.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rissa1224
on 1/10/13 10:01 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I always always water down my juices and that is what I drink all day everyday. I drink Vitamin water ZERO (not reg vitamin water) and I water it down. My fav flavor is the lemonade. I also drink the crystal lite PURE powder mix- 1/2 packed I mix with 16oz. So far I only find them in walmart and they  come in Tropical Blend or Lemonade. Only tried trop blend so far. I also have a new addiction is V8 LITE strawberry banana, I mix 8oz of that with 16 oz more of water in my 24oz bottle. I dont drink plain water unless I take my BC pill, or my heartburn pill. I do keep a regular water bottle near my bed all night in case I wake up with dry mouth. I have small juice boxes mom got for right after surgery, they are all sugar free. But if I dont mix my juices with water, it makes me make that face you make when you eat lemon straight up LOL. Its sooooo sweet now. Hope those help!

MsBatt
on 1/10/13 11:58 pm

There are no sugar free fruit juices, because fruit itself is high in sugar.

Christine Heusinger
on 1/11/13 12:14 am - GA

I don't drink ANY juice at all because of the sugar.

I drink water with a little MiO (my fav flavor is orange tangerine).  I set my computer alarm to go off to remind me to take a sip. Then I hit the 10 minute SNOOZE button. I do this ALL DAY LONG at work and that's how I get enough water in!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Candy V.
on 1/14/13 4:55 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I'm going to use your 10 minutes snooze idea!   I struggle to get it all in.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Christine Heusinger
on 1/14/13 5:21 am - GA

Candy, did you try it today? DId it work for you??

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Candy V.
on 1/15/13 4:21 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I did try it today, works like a charm.  I set it for 15 min after a few times cause I felt like I couldn't get anything done before it went off again. lol

Thanks for the idea!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Sarah R.
on 1/11/13 12:52 am

I think no sugar added is as good as it gets and then cut it in half with water.

Most Active