Where can I get samples of protein drinks for cheap or free?

ImDun
on 1/19/13 3:46 am
RNY on 02/26/13

Hi all,

I will be having my surgery on 2/26.  I am starting to get everything I need. So far have gotten vitamins and calcium.  I would like to check out some of the protein drinks I need for the first month after surgery but don't want to buy a whole canister.

Since I have found a vanilla and chocolate one I like, I am looking for more flavors and have seen a few from Nectar that appeal to me and Unjury.  The nutritionist said that some companies will give you samples.  Do you know of any that I can get and where?  I want to make sure I'm ready to go!

Deb

brandyle1975
on 1/19/13 5:12 am - Williamston, NC
RNY on 01/04/13
Some of the companies offer smaller packs for you to try. I saw that Unjury has a pack with several flavors in it for 20.00 or so. They also have single serving packs for about 2.00.
Nmcmurray
on 1/19/13 5:26 am - Suitland , MD
Try bariatricchoice.com and ask for samples with your order
Dave Chambers
on 1/19/13 6:13 am - Mira Loma, CA

Vitalady.com has individual samples of many brand and flavors. Select TWO of ones that sound good to you. Try ONE of them prior to surgery and mark the 2nd one with notes on how you liked or disliked it. A couple of weeks post op, try these again. Try the ones you preferred prior to surgery. You may still like those flavors, or you may now find them too sweet, chalky, grittty, etc.  Then try the lesser favored flavors. Tastes change post op often, and you may now find the least favored as a preop as your new fav as a post op. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 1/19/13 7:42 am - OH

vitalady.com

unjury.com

chikenutrition.com

celebratevitamins.com

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

IneedAssistance
on 1/20/13 4:53 am

When I had my surgery, I bought a ton of stuff - regret that. After surgery my tastes changed. I couldn't drink Unjury at all, even in the hospital I couldn't get it down. they had to find stuff for me to try.

Nasha Nutrition offers samples too! They have a website and GNC's will give samples as well, at least near me they do :)

Good luck with everything!

sarapilar
on 1/20/13 11:31 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I have a follow-on question --- is it possible to chose a protein shake that does not have any sugar, artificial sweetness or corn syrups?  Basically, I want on the is sweetened only with Stevia.  A Protein Powder I like is called Bluebonnet’s 100% Natural Whey Protein Isolate. It has 26 oz of protein per 31 gram scoop.  It is really healthy for you and has no hormones or antibiotics in it - organic.  Do you have to have a specialty 'bariatric' protein drink?  I just don't want anything other than natural Stevia, or maybe fructose.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

SafariJoe
on 1/20/13 12:10 pm - Livermore, CA

We have a support group at our hospital. The Dietitian had a day everyone brought in samples of all proteins. They brought in powders, canned protein, and even samples of bars. Like other people said you taste buds my change. For me all the liquids and soups along with protein drinks taste the same. Jello does taste sweeter.

To other question Rice and Pea Protein have 1 carb on the pea it is a starch Carb. Pea protein I use has no GMO. I use this with lean 1 to make it less sweet along with more protein per drink. This is a way to keep the sugar down on the pre-made protein drinks.

sarapilar
on 1/20/13 1:07 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

Which brand Pea Protein is it please? THANKS!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

SafariJoe
on 1/20/13 1:19 pm - Livermore, CA

Now Pea Protein  Bright clear orange bottle.

VitaCost also sells one. Sounds like the same product. I hope this okay to say.

Most Active