C'Mon...really?

alycat75
on 1/23/13 10:40 pm - Indian Trail, NC
RNY on 01/14/13

Stupid Scale. 

Like many of you, I'm now obsessed with stepping on my scale since my surgery on the 14th.  All was going great, until I got on the scale yesterday and I was up 6 lbs!!  WTH???  I'm still on a post-op liquid diet for pete's sake.  Not the most encouraging thing in the world.  jeez.

Surgery Date:  January 14, 2013

HW:  273   |   SW:  250.9. |   CW:  209.3  |  GW:  150

Anne C.
on 1/24/13 2:18 am - EAST SANDWICH, MA

Fear NOT! Your body was pumped full of fluids, underwent great trauma, and is trying to be new and wonderful!

In no time at all, you will go thru the "Melting Snowman" phase...this is when you quite literally start to lose weight in your face, then neck, shoulders, torso, etc....It's fun watching it all just slip away...

Remember, it's not a "quick fix" deal.  You will lose it ... one day it appears that a lot of weight is gone...same diet, 3 days later...no weight loss...

I'm almost 4 years post-op and was stuck at 157lbs (from 264).  I ended up in the hospital because I was very bad and didn't take my supplements and vitamins like I am supposed to. I was severely anemic and had a huge ulcer.  I also have had a bad tachycardia in my heart for quite some time...Hmm...cure the anemia...cure the tachycardia...and...relit the fire in my metabolism! I'm now down to 137lbs with more energy than I'd had in quite some time!

Be patient!  You didn't gain all your weight in 1 day, 1 year....you will lose more rapidly than someone just dieting...it will happen!!!  I PROMISE!

I'm becoming half the person I was...but I'm also becoming twice the woman! 

SandieMc49
on 1/24/13 4:50 am

Ooooooooooh, don't make me come over there and throw that scale out-the-window!  Ta-rust me - this will be just ONE of the many times you will think that the scale is not your friend.

There is no way that you will not lose weight, #1.  Hmmm, let's see, how long were you overweight?  Mmmkay, and that didn't happen overnight did it.  Trust that the those of us who have gone through WLS and have posted over and over and over again that if you'll just be patient and follow your doctor's instructions - you will see amazing results. 

And you know what?  YOU will soon be posting that same advice on here for which others will take comfort.

Sandie no

Carol S.
on 1/27/13 12:05 am - Milwaukee, WI

Ditch the scale-challenge yourself to stay way for at least 2 weeks.  Pay attention to your protein/food/water etc. and how your clothing starts to fit.

Scales are such a bad judge of what is truly going on with a post op body.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active