haven't lost weight in 4 days

Huwa1927
on 2/6/13 11:45 am - NY

HI Everyone

I have some questions~   I had RNY 1/17/13 and I have lost 20 pounds since then, however I haven't lost anything in 4 days!!  Is there a point where you "stall?  Also, I am hungry....not sure if its "head hunger" or if I am really hungry.  And is it possible to drink to much?    Otherwise, feel great!!  I have had zero problems!!!!    Any words of wisdom????    Tara

Ladytazz
on 2/6/13 12:05 pm

You have hit the famous 3 week stall, which really happens about 2 weeks out but lasts at least into the third week.  Few of us escaped it.  You lost a ton of weight in a short period of time.  If only it lasted :(  But don't worry, it will start up again and it should be nice and steady...at least until the next stall.  In time you will get to know your weight loss patterns and know when to expect things to slow down. If it bothers you not to see a loss for a few days you may want to restrict your weigh ins to weekly or longer.

I don't think there is a problem with drinking too much.  I know I was getting in a lot from the first day with no problems.  As far as the hunger goes, are you taking a PPI like Prilosec?  Some people found that their hunger symptoms went away when they were taking them.

Keep up the good work, drink your water and get in your protein and you will continue to do fine.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

walterswife
on 2/6/13 1:21 pm
Not having lost in 4 days is not a stall. Stalls occur when you go for a number of weeks with no weight loss.

Be patient. Your body has experienced trauma due to the surgery. Just follow the rules and you will do fine. Also, you may want to stay off the scale if it frustrates you. Have you taken your measurements at any point? Comparisons will also help as time progresses.

17 lbs in such a short period is a great weight loss. Cherish every pound.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

jameslunar09
on 2/6/13 10:03 pm - NY

Don't Worry to much.Just focus on what you want to achieve

Valerie G.
on 2/6/13 11:25 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Kick the scale under the bed for a while and determine a day and time that you want to weigh in each week, and keep to that schedule.  That is the only time you will pull that scale out.  It's the best way to get an idea of how much you're really losing.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 2/7/13 12:05 am

Want to hear a secret? There's one sure-fire way to NEVER experience a stall!

Throw your scales away, and weight ONLY at the doctor's office. Guaranteed! (*grin*)

b1751
on 2/7/13 11:25 am

Did you think you were going to lose weight every single day?  You are going to make yourself crazy if you can't handle 4 days without a loss.  Either don't weigh yourself daily, or have more realistic expectations.

Lap DS with Dr. Kemmeter 12/17/12

HW: 274.5 -- SW: 266 -- GW: 130?

Most Active