Tummy tuck in comparison with RNY

want2bsmall
on 2/19/13 2:48 am - NC

I am getting ready to have a tummy tuck done with the abdominoplasty. I am asking on thoughts and helpful tips if any in comparison to the RNY?  I am more concerned with pain afterwards than anything?!?  Any suggestions or help with this topic.  Looking forward to any suggestions! Thanks

hollykim
on 2/19/13 6:15 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM Pacific Time, want2bsmall wrote:

I am getting ready to have a tummy tuck done with the abdominoplasty. I am asking on thoughts and helpful tips if any in comparison to the RNY?  I am more concerned with pain afterwards than anything?!?  Any suggestions or help with this topic.  Looking forward to any suggestions! Thanks

Sorry, not sure what you are asking here. are you saying you are post op RNY and looking to get these procedures post op? I don't see that there can be any comparision to plastic surgery and RNY.

Are you saying you are going to bet these procedures to try to be smaller and not have WLS and are asking if having these plastic procedures will be just as "good" as WLS? IDK,please clarify your question.

HilaryH8103
on 2/19/13 12:38 pm - WA
I've heard tummy tucks hurt a lot. More than giving birth. Personally, I don't know that I could go through it. I've heard that some people feel like their stitches are going to bust open & that their insides are going to fall out.. OUCH!!
Mary Catherine
on 2/19/13 1:24 pm

Pain after RNY was very mild.  Pain after tummytuck was excruciating.  I could not walk straight for about ten days.  Walked bent over.  Took pain pills a lot the first week.  Had drains for three weeks.  Could not drive or go to work. Pain wise the tummytuck was the worst thing I have ever experienced.  Results are wonderful.

boxermom
on 2/20/13 2:00 am - MI

pain after rny, easy peasy, pain after plastics, horrific.  just being honest.  drains for 6wks after. but worth it when its all healed...

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Most Active