Liquid Diet - preop

Srg2
on 3/1/13 3:45 am - CA

So this is no fun....how did you get through it?  I still have 14 more days of this...ugg...I am soooo hungry.

SandieMc49
on 3/1/13 4:45 am

When I look back I think the same thing - how'd I do it?  I actually breezed through it.  Planning and such a sense of confidence in what I was doing.  I made it fun.  I got creative with ingredients in the shakes I remember.  I brought my "bullet" to work with me and people were actually envious of my concoctions.  I came to LOVE sugar free popsicles.  I mean, it's not forever I kept telling myself. 

It was a test - it was a test of my resolve.  And when I was through and ready for surgery, I was so dayumed proud of myself. 

Be proud of yourself too - hang in there - it IS worth it!

Sandie

Liz C.
on 3/1/13 7:17 am - DE

I had to do this diet for 12 whole weeks! But I made it through because i kept my eyes on the prize and 3 years later I'm so glad I did! You can do it!!! Stay focused!

Starting weight from 8/7/09- pre op and post op!

RNY Surgery on 2/22/10- weightloss post op! 

Hislady
on 3/1/13 12:02 pm - Vancouver, WA

I had 6-8 weeks if you count pre and post op. You just have to do it. After the first few days I didn't really have much trouble with it, I just tried to stay busy alot.

Srg2
on 3/1/13 12:40 pm - CA

I made it though the day - only because I can have cream soups and unlimited jello! I have also discovered sugar free pudding is quite good.  Since I can have cream soups, do you all think I could have a smoothie for breakfast......fruits, protein powder and milk?

queenofstuckeys
on 3/1/13 1:28 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I would think fruits would be a no. Too many carbs. My NUT was specific about following the diet strictly. I am on day one of 10. I just keep thinking of the prize waiting for me. Better health is so important to me. Its all part if the process of learning to eat to live and not living to eat. Best of luck with your journey. See you on the losers bench :)

Most Active