New to the forum. Had surgery last week.

Tjodalv666
on 3/6/13 5:01 am

hello there!

I just had my Sleeve gastrectomy surgery last week and was told about this forum. So, I thought I would give it a go. Started the journey at 444 pounds and went from that to 384, then back up to 395 *stupid holidays*, shot down to 391 then had my surgery. Lots of ups and downs and battles. 

whislinkong
on 3/6/13 5:29 am - fairbanks, AK

congratulations!!  although I am only familiar with roux-ny gastric bypass....I hope you have a "after surgery tool kit book or guide to help you stay committed to your particular surgery and getting results...my after surgery months were full of dumping and finding out what worked for me to keep the pounds dropping and the support groups here are amazing...make sure you check with your surgeon regarding any questions or guidlines ...they may offer can make a big difference...if not I can only say that Elner bariatric has a great website with info etc on how to maintain your goals....good luck and again congrats...its not as easy as society thinks it is....going from heavy to thin...and we do have our moments....but all in all the fact is the surgery can save your life and quality of life does improve!!

SW 294 / CW193 / GW 160  HT 5'7"

Most Active